• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Solid P35 Boards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Elluzion

was going to buy a ABIT IP35 PRO, but what other solid P35 Boards are out there around the $150 - $200 price range????

STATS ARE IN MY SIG ON UPCOMING SYSTEM

the most stable, best priced board is the Abit IP35-E. The IP35 pro is a great board too.

I have seen nothing but good reviews for the Gigabyte DS4

I have the GA-P35-DS3R and the GA-P35-DS3L boards and they seem to be pretty good, if you get one that isn't defective. The reason I say that is that the first DS3R I got was wonky on the SATA I/O ports, giving me all kind of errors. The replacement is running great with an E6300 in it at 460 fsb. I just put the DS3L into service about 1 1/2 weeks or so ago with an E4400 and so far it's run great, but I haven't really tried upping the fsb speed very high yet. I didn't get around to doing a 266 pad mod on the E4400 so I haven't pushed the fsb much on it (around 350 fsb IIRC).

Abit IP35-E for sure, the Pro version comes with raid and other extra fancy features, the caps are also better on the Pro I believe

Solid depends on what you plan on doing with it:beer:
Most boards will give you good performance and long life at stock
speeds. The better boards (Abit, Gigabyte and Asus$100+) boards
will give you better overclocking. Usually, Gigabyte gets the highest
speeds, followed closely by Asus then Abit.:santa:

The ones i recommend are asus p5k-e, abit ip35 pro and the gigabyte p35-ds4 since the owners of these always seems to be satisfied! The gigabyte seems to get highest stable overclocking-results thou

I have to say that my gigabyte (see sig) board is rock solid. eASIEST system i have probably put together and best part was that overclocking was simple and stable.

I like my P5K Premium. Don't have a whole lot of experience with other P35 boards though. Probably is out of that price range though. Maybe a P5K Vanilla?

Back