• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg Processing Taking Forever!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Caust1c

I placed an order Friday and it still hasn't been processed or shipped. And its one measly CD. In the past its taken a while, but never more than three days. I know it will be shipped in due time and that they don't process weekends or holidays. i.e. 1/1. I just hope it can get here by Friday. Jeeeezzz. I just wanted to vent somewhere.

IMO they should process weekends. Heck, I'd be willing to work for them, I don't have a job right now. But I'm nowhere near their shipping centers. O well.

Soooooo.....did you call them or chat them? :eh?:

Please remember that they may have been closed for a "Holiday weekend". They also may be very busy...but you won't know until you ask them. ;)

Aye I did. Twice. The first one was very polite and informed me that there was an error in processing Friday and said he would see what he could do to move it along. (That was Monday night.) And the second (today) was not so helpful saying that processing takes as long as it takes and bla bla bla. Anyways, still waiting.

If it doesn't ship by tonight then I'll surely do that. Thanks for pointing that out.

I've had long processing times on my last couple of orders. Last night I got lucky, ordered some RAM at around 8PM and today at noon it had shipped.

Thanks for taking the time to post your informative review. We greatly apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced due to your situation. At your earliest convenience, please contact Alex at 800-390-1119 ( dial 25040 immediately ) for further assistance.

Thank you

$10 says its because of the holidays, people get backed up with orders and such. I ordered some firearm cleaning stuff on the 28 and it finally shipped today. This from a place who normally ships same day like newegg. So I don't think anything is wrong, just you need to have patients as its been a very busy past few weeks for any kind of retailer.

Shoot, I step out for an hour or so and the support guy comes. Anyways, I called and he wasn't in. I'll call tomorrow morning as it wasn't shipped today. Thanks for the help. :)

Wow, Newegg has a rep on the forums. I had no idea. Kinda cool.

Is that like your entire job? Just surfing the different forums trying to be of assistance?

I doubt it, but maybe. Newegg does have a HUGE customer base. Probably the largest of the e-stores.

I bet they're backed up with after Christmas orders. Will find out tomorrow though. My fastest order to door processing/shipping ever was with FRYS. I ordered the Creative SB X-Fi Extreme music on a Tuesday night. It was here by Thursday morning! That was budget shipping too! Way to go FRYS online. :D I'm really hoping I get something out of the call tomorrow. Was hoping for at least a Friday delivery, outlook not so good. :(

This happened to me once with Newegg. I ordered a few components and a case at the same time, but the components all shipped while the case appeared to be going nowhere. Strangely, I received the case one day after the other parts and ups reported that it was never even shipped.

I bet they're backed up with after Christmas orders. Will find out tomorrow though. My fastest order to door processing/shipping ever was with FRYS. I ordered the Creative SB X-Fi Extreme music on a Tuesday night. It was here by Thursday morning! That was budget shipping too! Way to go FRYS online. :D I'm really hoping I get something out of the call tomorrow. Was hoping for at least a Friday delivery, outlook not so good. :(

You missed the glory days of Newegg's free/cheap fedex shipping (before fedex upped their rates by a lot). I received packaged from them before they could give me the tracking number :D.

Newegg just got destroyed by the the christmas/new years right jab-left hook combination. They have/should give days off to their employees so that delays things. Also if you're stuck on step 5, UPS decided to make it a four day weekend it seems so nothing moved on monday even though they were supposedly open according to my work's UPS driver. I couldn't even pick it up since my local UPS depot has some very weird hours which don't include mondays (however the UPS ship center (can't pick up packages from these guys) within the same building is open :confused:).

I miss the free shipping too.

However, I've found that Newegg without fail has shipped my items to me very quickly and accurately. Somehow, even with the cheapest shipping, I end up with my items the day after I order them, or 2 days after at most.

I have yet to have a single reason to really complain about them.

Only things that would be nice would be 1) free shipping again and 2) not inflating prices on high demand items above MSRP (like 8800GT's, or the first quad core AMD's, etc.) I don't buy those items, but I'll still shop Newegg as long as the service remains good.

This delay is likely cause of being overwhelmed by the holidays.

I agree they are taking far to long to process... what is up with them..

ordered mid day 12/31 and my 3 day shipping wont hit the door till 1/7......bs..

I think the rush processing fee is a pure profit driven scam...

one lousy hd should ship the same day you order it..

Sales order number: 49120301

Last edited:
Back