• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

switching to watercooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madhatR

have some questions first ..

i will be cooling a q6600 b3 and a 8800 gtx
the case i currently have is a silverstone tj09 .. i was planning on switching to a tj07 since its so easy to watercool in that case ... but i see silverstone makes brackets for the tj09 so u can mount a 2x120 rad at the top

my question is will a thermachill pa120.2 be enough to cool my gpu and quad ?

as for parts i was thinking about

dtek fuzion ? any other recommendations ?
thermachill pa120.2
ek full cover 8800gtx block ( either nickel plated or the regular)
no idea on pump

now this is my first time watercooling
so res or t line ?

i was thinking about getting one of the resiviors that attach to a 120mm fan on the outside of the case then just run the cables into the case or maybe a bay res like the aquacool ones .. but then how hard are they to fill and bleed ?

or should i just run a tline and use a dd filport ?

any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated and if any people with a tj09 who watercool could chime in or post some pics i would greatly appreciate it

thanks

The Apogee GT in a "bowed" install performs on par if not slightly better than the Fuzion. Plus it will save you a few bucks ;)

Also...go with a GPU only block instead of full cover..as this allows you to use it again when you upgrade. Just get heatsinks from swiftech to cover the rest of the crap on the 8800gtx

I also recommend a micro reservoir or a T-line instead of the bay reservoirs. There is a thread in the forums about the bay reservoirs and how many have failed.

The Apogee GT in a "bowed" install performs on par if not slightly better than the Fuzion. Plus it will save you a few bucks ;)

Also...go with a GPU only block instead of full cover..as this allows you to use it again when you upgrade. Just get heatsinks from swiftech to cover the rest of the crap on the 8800gtx

but when i switch video cards .. how will i remove the heatsinks ? i could always just sell the ful cover block ??

and will the pa120.2 be enough ?

sorry but what does "bowed" install ?

The Apogee GT comes with 2 o-rings. The bigger ring puts a bow in the base, providing more pressure to the IHS on the chip...providing better cooling.

The heatsinks attach via thermal tape...just purchase more thermal tape.

The full cover block will only work with the 8800GTX...and nothing else. Also it is MUCH more expensive than like an MCP-06 and heatsinks.

A PA120.2 would work with your system but for the price you might as well go 120.3 or a BIP 360...since you have a case that can handle the 3x120mm cooling solution.

The Apogee GT comes with 2 o-rings. The bigger ring puts a bow in the base, providing more pressure to the IHS on the chip...providing better cooling.

The heatsinks attach via thermal tape...just purchase more thermal tape.

The full cover block will only work with the 8800GTX...and nothing else. Also it is MUCH more expensive than like an MCP-06 and heatsinks.

A PA120.2 would work with your system but for the price you might as well go 120.3 or a BIP 360...since you have a case that can handle the 3x120mm cooling solution.

the tj09 will not support a 120 x 3 rad .. 120 x 2 is the biggest it can hold

im not really worried about the price .. i just wanna get the best possible stuff for my situation ..

also where can u get thermochill rads now .. according to performance-pcs and dd .. they will never get them back in stock because thermochill cant supply big stores now

I don't like to push people to other forums to read...but here is a link you should read about a triple radiator in that case HERE

The 120.3 may not fit...but others will

looks like im gonna just have to switch cases

Back