• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

maximus formula or p5k premium,..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nsgnsg

now 50 bucks diffrence is not as important as having the better board..

new chipest means nothing to me..

cross fire well, good to have but thats not that important to me..

the main thing for me is how cool it runs and how well it oc..

now i know some people are gonna come here and tell me that they are not happy with asus, if theyre is a better board for the same price let me know..

I cheked out specs on the asus website, oviously the new one seems to run cooler and oc better.. but manyfacters could make a motherboard from the 80s look better then the new ones....

so i want to know what people think..

almost forgot to put my other specs

case: antec 900 (65bucks)
power supply: 620HX (115)
motherboard: (still dont know)
cpu: got the q6600 go on boxing day for 200bucks (in canada)
gpu: 8800 gt 512 mb, 600 clock and 1800ram speed (209)
ram: got 4 gigs of 800 ocz reaper hpc ram. (for 10buck a gig)
hardrive:500gb 16mb cach and decent 7200rpm and decent seec time,(still looking for a deal)

the reason i included price for some of the product abve is that people tell me i should of got a difrent one... till they hear the prices..

Ive said this in many threads, im starting to think im biased, lol, I have the ABit ip35 pro and its a great board, overclocks great, built well, good bios, what else is there to say, alot of people have it and are very happy with it.

I've had my Asus...for less than a month, but it runs like a champ. I've run it up to 478 stock everything except cpu and ram volts.

Honestly, even though the other is the x38 chipset...go with a P35.

okay... well thnx but umm,,. does anyone have experience with the maximus formula,,, I know the old ones are good, but i want to know if the new ones are better.. like run cooler and oc better,

it says the ram runs cooler .. but i want to know more about cpu,,, and oc ...

okay... well thnx but umm,,. does anyone have experience with the maximus formula,,, I know the old ones are good, but i want to know if the new ones are better.. like run cooler and oc better,

it says the ram runs cooler .. but i want to know more about cpu,,, and oc ...

I have tha Maximus Formula. I am selling it after 2 weeks of ownership.
Raid Quirks. Hot Chipset. Lower Overclocks with same e6400 than the p35.
Maybe I got a bum board, but I am going back to the P35.:bang head

I have tha Maximus Formula. I am selling it after 2 weeks of ownership.
Raid Quirks. Hot Chipset. Lower Overclocks with same e6400 than the p35.
Maybe I got a bum board, but I am going back to the P35.:bang head

thnx... this is exactly what i was asking.....

o nd what p35 board where u using before ???

thnx... this is exactly what i was asking.....

o nd what p35 board where u using before ???

I had the P5K Deluxe before and the funny thing is I was considering purchasing it again until I decided to give ASUS a break after 5 straight boards. All of them were good but this one needs work I think. I am going with the DFI UTp35tr just to see how the other side plays:beer:

well the p5k premium is onsale for 199.99 so ima go with that..

Honestly dont discount other boards i have the Msi p35 platinum and it rocks, it runs cool oc's like stink and is wallet friendly to boot.

well to tell u the trut i dont even really get what crossfire does but its inclided in the p5k premium...

link
http://www.ncix.com/products/index....PREMIUM/WIFI-AP&manufacture=ASUS&promoid=1019

In short it lets you run two ATI GFX's at the same time.
Both the P35 and X38 boards can run CF, though the X38 should let you get more performance as it has two 16 times PCI-e slots in CF mode, where the P35 is one 8 times and one 4 time when running CF.
If only running one card on the P35 its the full 16.

In other words, and by the sounds of it you really don't need an X38 board. save your money and get a nice P35 board like the p5k premium.

alright thnx.. ya im only getting one 8800gt , and i dont reallly even need that so wheter it has crossfire or not its not important.. I dont really need any of the parts im getting.. but its just i want them... and will need them later on.

I dont want to keep having to upgrade like i need to do for our familys old pentium 4.. now it needs more ram, better graphic cards, more harddrive.... its a mess... since ddr ram cost more then my ddr2 did and id feal like a retard paying 30 bucks for half a gig of ram running at 333mhz...

Back