• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte P35C-DS3R REV 2.0 XP and Vista?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

infinity06

Registered
I wanted to see if anyone knows if the following configuration is possible.

I would like to be able to run XP 64-bit or Vista and have the selection at boot. I have been out of the game for some time but i do know that i could always have 1 or more hard drives and do dual boot but i wanted to see if this motherboard would support 2 seperate hard drives and have a boot selection option at post.

I remember a device a few years back that would allow you to choose which drive to boot from but i am hoping that this motherboard - (with the boatload of sata connectors)would do this without the external device.

key: avoid multiple operating systems on one physical drive

There should be no issue with this configuration. However, if you plan to use another Microsoft operating system on the 2nd drive, it would be in your best interest to install the older OS's first.

so i can have one sata drive with windows xp and another sata drive with vista and then when i turn the computer on it will ask which drive to boot?

Close, you can have OS's on separate drives and you will receive an OS selection menu. The menu determines which drive you boot from.

Back