• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5K-E Pencil mod (any more ideas?)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dmurary

Registered
I tried the vdroop pencil mod on my P5K-E Wifi AP with impressive results. As expected I got no vdroop after doing it and to maintain stable clock speeds I could reduce my vcore quite a bit. As an expected knock on effect it bumped my maximum stable OC from 3.6ghz on an E6750 up to 3.7ghz and surprisingly I could boot at just under 3.8ghz too (although i haven't stressed tested it for longer than a few mins). Even at this speed my load temps never went over 50C on air. I won't be running at 3.7 or 3.8 for 24/7 operation but I'm pleased that this simple and quick mod made such a difference and as always I'm curious to know my ceiling (maybe I've reached it already).

A couple of questions then and maybe the very experienced overclockers or the 4ghz club can help here

Does anyone run stable under load at over 3.6/3.7ghz on this series of motherboard with an E6750 and what did you do to achieve it? Can you share any tips or tricks? I'm especially interested in people who can get it stable for around 6-12hours.

Even if you don't run this series of motherboard, what did you try to get you that high?

I appreciate that there are a few people out there who will be ready to highlight that vdroop is built into motherboards for a reason and I respect your opinion but I'm an overclocker and want to see how far I can push things safely even though long term my chip will stay at 3.6ghz.

Back