• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhysX

Another... whatever you wanna call this haha...

No delays yet... "technically"...

But Anyways yeah i know the holidays blah blah blah....

So I played the order for the 1520, the sleeve & the mouse on dec 25th.

Mouse / sleeve got here on the 27th, cool...

Laptop is slllllllooooowwww as hell getting here... not even shipped, ill break it down for you...

btw its nothing special laptop, t5450,1gb, 120gb, 8400m gs, nothing special. so there shouldn't really be any delays right..

order processing / pre-production took place on the same day as the order, now we are at "in production", "Production Date: 12/27/2007", initially it was "Production Date: 12/26/2007", but a few days after the moved it to the 27th for some reason.

so if you click on "Delivery prep", they say it is normally completed within one day of the date production is complete. However, larger orders and orders requiring special handling may take longer.

so any ideas on why its taking so long ?

All my experiences with getting Dell machines, whether laptop or desktop is, it always takes a week or two. Mix New Years in the middle and it could take longer.

All my business orders with DELL. Monitors and Desktops mostly...always come in less than a week.

All my business orders with DELL. Monitors and Desktops mostly...always come in less than a week.

Monitors of course they have them on site and ready to ship, but laptops/notebooks like desktops need to be put together, anyways they seem to be doing ok now, they are ahead of wha tthey said and it seems to be coming fairly quick :))

2008/01/09 22:30 In Transit in U.S.
2008/01/10 16:19 Picked up by Purolator
2008/01/10 16:20 Shipment In Transit
2008/01/10 19:28 Left TORONTO SORT CTR/CTR TRIE, ON

anyone know where they ship them out from in the us ? anyway they called and said it would be delivered sometime tomorrow "sat", between.... 9-6 lol

I've ordered Dells before, for myself and my father and they were always shipped rather fast, now customer support (billing errors, etc)...that's a whole different subject.

Back