• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

More dice from Doc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dawgdoc

Well, loaded up on dice today, and received my new Foxconn Mars mobo wooohoooo!!!

I wont be running the Mars this evening, since its allready near 9pm and I would need a few hours to install windows (Xp and Vista dual boot) as well as get all the benchies/drivers yada yada yada......Ill have that one OCd sometime this weekend :)

This is just a teaser post for my E2160 session on the P5K this evening :D

Im excited enough that I couldnt wait OC it before actually posting here!! muahahahaha

See ya in a few hours with HOPEFULLY some mind blowing chit :attn:

Ok FINALLY got something to post here but its not what I wanted......Had a decent night but the E2160 was a bust :(

First up here are some pics of the Foxconn Mars motherboard alone Mars Full View Top.JPG

Mars Top Angle View.JPG

A few closeups of that cool looking northbridge sink and the nifty little fan too.
NB HS with Fan.JPG

NB HS with fan 2.JPG

Last edited:
Setup after the Dragon Evo 2.4 mounted but nothing else yet.

Full setup no dice yet

In goes some dice and acetone. Thats ALOT of cold smoke there fellas :D

Closeup of the POS E2160 that wasted 5 or 6 hours of my life :(
This chip on my Mars mobo maxed out at 350 FSB!!! :( On hwbot ppl are hitting 4500-4700 mhz with this chip and obviously over 500 FSB!!!!

I was very upset...I thought that the Mars sucked!!! But....it wasnt the Mars...it was the POS E2160. How is it possible that I maxed out at 3.0 Ghz on dice when other ppl on dice/cascade and even h20 were making 4.0+ Ghz!?!?!?

After I gave up on the E2160 I mounted my Q6600 on the Mars to see if it was the CPU, or the board. As you can see it wasnt the Mars!!! Mars performed VERY well especially since this was my first evening with it and the BIOS was way way different than what I was used to.

Screenies on the Q6600 to follow. It outperformed my P5K vanilla (with multiple voltmods) by about 20-25 mhz on CPU and about 45mhz on memory :)

E2160 clear shot.JPG

Last edited:
Q6600 screenies :D

Didnt have all that much time left to do very much substantial, but I was able to prove that the Mars was not the limiting factor when paired with the E2160.

CPU-Z and Spi 1M together here. Not a bad FSB either at 542. I hit 548 but it froze on me before I could grab the screenie hehe

Q6600 Mars CPUZ 4883 and Spi 1M 10sec 469.PNG

Next up is a Spi shot, but its not the best Spi 1M I have. I just put this one here for the ram at 1286 Mhz :) Couldnt get 1300 though and with this particular ram (Mushkin PC8500 extreme) I couldnt get the timings ANY tighter either. The Mars was a tad finicky with 2 different types of Mushkin ram actually, but not THAT finicky :)

Spi but Ram at 643 Mhz aka 1286 Mhz.PNG

Last up Spi 32M. Not great but decent run for 32M. I was getting tired and running a little low on dice so I only ran this 1 shot. Im sure Ill get better.

SPi 32M 11min 28sec 908.PNG

So whats the deal with the E2160 do ya think? The Mars can alllllllmost do 550 FSB with the Q6600 so it wasnt the mobo!! Bum chip? Am I misreading something on hwbot about E2160 and the clocks people are putting up???

hwbot E2160 search for:

CPU-Z

SPi 1M

Last edited:
THIS one.....I think Im going to reserve for.....Im not sure what.....probably some more bragging though LOL

Never hurts to be prepared, but now everyone is going to expect 50 screens from you ;)

GL, hope the multi on the 60 instead of the 80 doesn't hurt you much.

Never hurts to be prepared, but now everyone is going to expect 50 screens from you ;)

GL, hope the multi on the 60 instead of the 80 doesn't hurt you much.

Hehehe 50? I thought 5 file uploads per post?

Also, I know the 80 has a higher multi but.....Im looking for hwbot points so Im really only concerned about what I can get on that chip against others. Just from CPU testing alone Im expecting an additional 55-75 points on my hwbot account before my head hits the pillow tonight.....I HOPE :)

Well, unfortunately my E2160 benching has been delayed. Im going to have another go at it tonight though! I think I jinxed myself by posting before I completed the bench run hehehehe. shrug......always a next time :)

P5K BIOS update to 0805 to try to recognize more of the Conroe series went bad......very bad LOL.

If you have a P5K mobo stay away from BIOS 0805 :)

If interested details HERE

Pics please~! Or I'll delete this thread...:;)

Doh!!

Im benching tonite. If I dont have pics/screenies up by the AM tomorrow (EST) Id beg for a thread delete since it will only serve to embarass me

:eek:

Hehe....

Seriously though, unless some weird fate befalls me or the Mars tonight, Im benching SOMETHING this evening for a good 7-8 hours. Before I start I need to change the airmount to the dicepot (used air for installs/blah blah) and when I do Ill snap some bare-board pics, some pics of the pot and setup, and as requested, some evaporating dice with smoke and RAM lights and all the goodies :)

Back