• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New IP35PRO Questions....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

theELVISCERATOR

first off system is up and running ok stock settings....Uguru crashing though..

tried version off disc and v3104 same issue...tries to fire up then gets the old program has a serious error and it crashes...system is NOT crashing..

No other issues at moment...have not tried any ocing yet..

Installed XP

Installed chipset and drivers.

Device manager is clean...

which chipset drivers? the ones straight from intel or what? have you disabled any services in windows?

this seems to come up more often then it should.. makes me think that something is not updated or a service has been disabled. have you also run thru all of the windows update from MS?

test1.jpg err have not updated windows...I installed XP SP2 clean install with old corp disc...wasnt going to update as it will kick out due to invalid key..this is on a test drive for oc purposes.

I have a gen copy of XP when my 150g raptor arrives to due "final" install...

Just trying to work out the bugs..so far so good..

One weird thing is core temp at idle is 22 one chip 27 the other...

board says bios is 14...

I have ram at 1.9 but these ballistix say 2.2 on website..what is the word on voltage on these puppies?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148069

Attachments

• test2.jpg
    test2.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 273
Latest results

This seems to be where everyone normally gets....

I am running 1.40Vc and 1.9V ddr....

+1 on mch....

How am I looking? seems under load I go from 1.4 to 1.38.......

What else should I be doing to get the most out of this chip.

by the way on air...using Xp128SE cooler with 120mm fan...

Attachments

• test3 (Large).jpg
    test3 (Large).jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 281
Looks pretty good, I need at least 1.48V to stay stable at 3.6ghz

As to your uGuru trouble, I personally use the bios to OC still. Uguru has never crashed my system, but it does freeze and lockup sometimes, which is why I still prefer the bios.

Your vdroop is normal, I usually get .02-.03 with my p35 PRO.

Edit - About your ram, I found a review on newegg for that ram that I thought could be helpful.

"Other Thoughts: Abit IP35 Pro E6600 @ 3.6ghz and 1:1.50 ratio for ddr1200. Needed 1.48 vMCH for the NB to get the ram to work at that speed."

Seems like you need to crank the north bridge up a good deal to OC that ram. Someone else commented about 2.2V being too much for that ram, stick to 2.1V to be safe.

Last edited:
Yep I use the bios to overclock also..didnt know the ugure did that also..

Whats the best thing to oc this video card with...nvidial ntune or whatever does it save the settings?

I ran a 12100 06 stock clocks...

just ran 12700 06 @ 655/1638/948 stock cooler.....

Shig you still got your stock one on their?

I tried some settings just under yours and 06 went black and never recovered..heh..system didnt crash though...weird...alt tabbed out..

Last edited:
ok at 466x8 I got an orthos error rounding error 1 hr into it...temps were steady at 47-48C under load.....cpu sagging to 1.38...time for more vcore?

Attachments

• test4 (Large).jpg
    test4 (Large).jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 269
For my GPU overclock I used RivaTuner and ATI tool / Fur to stress test.

Right now my GPU fan is set at 55% duty full time.

The clocks in my sig are for my best 3dmark06 run, I recently lowered them to 720/1800/965 because the clocks in my sig just weren't stable enough for me.

Your 466x8 with sub 50C temps is really amazing. I'm at 1.5V (3.6ghz) and I barely hit 60C. Anything below 65C is perfectly fine, above that its the owner's call. You got a ton more OC'ing to do!

GL =D

edit - If you're finding that adding more Vcore isn't helping with stability, pump up the CPU VTT voltage and the MCH voltage, the south bridge (ICH) doesn't really help by adding a lot to it. I also never changed my GLREF from stock settings, don't really know what that does.

I use bios to overclock anyways, when I tried uguru I can set the clock and it will overclock but when i try to stress the system it freezes, the exact same settings/clock set in bios 100% stable.

the software overclocking never works as well as doing it in bios.

all i can say is i have never had problems ocing with Uguru on the ab9-pro or ip35-pro. i think yall have hit a small/rare case were something is wrong either in windows or something else like i stated above.

bios is always the best to use but if your testing to find max clocks. Uguru is better imo, since if it freezes or locks up it goes back to what the bios was at. as opposed to using just the bios, you wind up having to clear the cmos to get things to boot back up.

The Uguru worked great with XP Pro on my last system, but with my IP35Pro and XP-Pro-64 bit the Uguru locks up badly when overclocking. I think I'll do a bios update and see if that combined with the newest Uguru will work with XP-Pro-64.

My ballistix all run at 2.2V as soon as I get into the bios of a system to begin overclocking. Naturally I make sure I have reasonable airflow in the ram area.

harrum....hows this?

I gotta write down these settings.........this is on air of course..

Attachments

• test5 (Large).jpg
    test5 (Large).jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 247
Highest I have gotten it is 55c.....

Not stable at 4016 either...prob not enough voltage but I am back down right now and trying to get this setting to run day in day out stable.......

Anyway I am happy with results so far and thanks to all that have helped.......

Makes it easy...

Hey Shigg, you want a high res shot of that e6750? it makes great desktop....pm me an email addy...

Attachments

• test7 (Large).jpg
    test7 (Large).jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 234
Highest I have gotten it is 55c.....

Not stable at 4016 either...prob not enough voltage but I am back down right now and trying to get this setting to run day in day out stable.......

Anyway I am happy with results so far and thanks to all that have helped.......

Makes it easy...

Hey Shigg, you want a high res shot of that e6750? it makes great desktop....pm me an email addy...

Ooooo Costa Rica, I've been there =D

I'm more into abstract / 3D art for wallpapers myself =D

Lemme know what kind of clock you can get through 18+ hours of stresstesting.

~Shig

well I made it through 5 hrs of Orthos small ffts, overnite basically...at the 466 running at 1.4 after adjusting mch and other voltages...time to creep it up I guess.......

For anyone else having issues, the new 3.107 UGURU works now....weird......however do not click on the default key while bios ocing..causes a hard lockup...seems to be some type of profile ocing setup..

Back