• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P45 chipset introduced in january, release Q2-08

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
good to know , i am building soon

1600 MHz FSB sound good

But i have so much desicsions .... i know it will be a Q9450
but
x38, p35, 45 ?
ddr2 or 3 ?
8800GT or Gts g92 or 9000 series ...

Haaaa life is hard lol

thx

me go P45, maybe, really depends on ocing,ddr2 or ddr3. i feel all my rig needs is a 45nm dual core and a new gpu. i should be set for the end of 08 for the new platform change.

well in the article i linked to they introduce it this month but actuall release is going to be in Q2-08. that would mean if we are lucky april at the earliest.

well in the article i linked to they introduce it this month but actuall release is going to be in Q2-08. that would mean if we are lucky april at the earliest.
sounds the most realistic take, but i know there are people expecting the noards out in Jan:)

I'm still coming to terms with going ddr3. THe £ of it now is roughly the same as performance DDR2 When i moved to c2d last January. It's just that DDR2 is that cheap.:drool: I'm lucky to have a decent q6600 go, so might go for an x48 & ddr3. Then upgrade cpu later on in year.

Well the only thing I've been hearing about DDR3 so far is that it costs 100-200% more money for a 5-10% performance increase. I hope prices drop fast on DDR3.

If the p45 chipset is as good as the p35 chipset, I know what I'll be getting :)

yhea ill prob get a a low cost p35 or 45

ddr2 are sooo cheap and ddr3 are soooo expensive

Back