• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VRM limited FSB for the Gigabyte 965-DS3?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SPL Tech

I a trying to figure out how much more I can get out of the system in my sig if I get a water-cooling kit. Does anyone know what the FSB limit of the P965-DS3 is? I was told around 400 MHz. Which would make getting a water kit somewhat pointless for I would only get ~250 MHz. more out of my CPU. How much can the VRM's take?

I had a ds3 that is in my girlfriends puter right now and when i was using it i was getting a 472 fsb out of it with no problem with a e6300 conroe and it was stable also.

Upping the NB voltage won't really help at the moment.

SPL Tech, when you run some intensive apps, put your fingers on the NB heatsink, it gets pretty hot. The board is capable of a high FSB (my one is at 430 stable for over a year) but you need some better cooling on the NB to get the best out of it (more than 430Mhz).

Back