• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Circuit City (The Price Reduction)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathman20

High Speed Premium Senior
All righty.. Originally I went there to get a laptop bag for me to replace my old crappy one that weighs a ton. Well upon doing so I decided to get a traveling mouse a nice Logitec V450 Laser one something not too pricey but does the job type deal.

Anyways getting to the check out and right before he swipes my card I noticed the mouse came up at 49.99. Well it was listed at 39.99 on the website and on the shelf, and for reference the laptop bag was 69.99. Anyways some time goes by (all the people behind the service desk where busy at the time) and finally someone gets a chance to help. They look at it, the guy behind the register already checked in both spots to see the price. The gal behind the register fixes it and he rings it back up. Well the mouse was still 49.99 listed but the bag went to 39.99! :) Kaching hehe.

Saved an extra $20 with that mistake of theres. Of course I didn't say a thing didn't want to wait another 10min to get it solved and probably wouldn't of since surely the company (business expense) would go easier on the cheaper case than anything.

Just a nice little suprise, and maybe they just did it for brining it to there attention but it looked like they only modified the my order and not the actual listing in the stores computer. Good times figured I'd mention something good about them.

they probably just goofed. i always feel a little bit bad when this happens. it seems like the situation is hard enough for them to fix in the first place. bringing their mistake (already a complicated situation) back to them and asking them to fix it would be impossible from a cashier's standpoint.

Heh, I've had the same thing happen to me at many stores.

They make a mistake, I save a few $$.

Exactly. I pointed it out was there own fault what they did and it wasn't even the cashiers fault it was customer service that did it.

Hope you can sleep ok after taking advantage like that.

I mentioned it to them and they fixed it just not the right one. Not like I was trying to get more out of it but it was listed imporperly in there system.

they probably just goofed. i always feel a little bit bad when this happens. it seems like the situation is hard enough for them to fix in the first place. bringing their mistake (already a complicated situation) back to them and asking them to fix it would be impossible from a cashier's standpoint.

Exactly not like I wanted to tell them first off its listed improperly, but not only that they messed up and made the price correction on the wrong item when they where busy.

All righty.. Originally I went there to get a laptop bag for me to replace my old crappy one that weighs a ton. Well upon doing so I decided to get a traveling mouse a nice Logitec V450 Laser one something not too pricey but does the job type deal.

Anyways getting to the check out and right before he swipes my card I noticed the mouse came up at 49.99. Well it was listed at 39.99 on the website and on the shelf, and for reference the laptop bag was 69.99. Anyways some time goes by (all the people behind the service desk where busy at the time) and finally someone gets a chance to help. They look at it, the guy behind the register already checked in both spots to see the price. The gal behind the register fixes it and he rings it back up. Well the mouse was still 49.99 listed but the bag went to 39.99! :) Kaching hehe.

Saved an extra $20 with that mistake of theres. Of course I didn't say a thing didn't want to wait another 10min to get it solved and probably wouldn't of since surely the company (business expense) would go easier on the cheaper case than anything.

Just a nice little suprise, and maybe they just did it for brining it to there attention but it looked like they only modified the my order and not the actual listing in the stores computer. Good times figured I'd mention something good about them.

Their mistake= dont sweat it. I'm sure they dont lose any sleep when they overcharge someone, ie. when another store sells something cheaper and you dont know it, and pay the higher price there. They certainly didnt do it on purpose, Circuit City's customer service sucks, the ONLY thing i'll buy there is loss leaders.

they are expensive.

my father in law just bought a few things from there just for the sake of local availability. they gave him a hard time about the 24 minutes or $24 guarantee. he eventually convinced them to give it to him though.

Back