• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best bios revision for P5N32-E SLI?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

desipher

Registered
I am currently using the 1205 revision which seems to work alright, but I want to get the most out of my overclock as possible for my Q6600. There recently was a new bios released (1302) and I was thinking of flashing to that.

What would be my best option for overclocking?

My Rig:

Intel Q6600 CPU
Antec 900 Tower
MSI 8800GT x2 SLI
Asus P5N32-E SLI mobo
4gb OCZ ReaperX DDR2 Memory
Corsair 620HX PSU
WD 500gb Caviar drive

My theory regarding BIOS updates is that if it ain't broke, don't fix it....so if you aren't hitting an FSB wall at like, I dunno, 201 FSB, then I really wouldn't worry too much about getting a new bios. It's pesky and if it fails, it's a real pain to get back up.

I'll edit my post here when I get my board back ( they've already shipped it back, yay! ) and let you know what rev. bios I have, so you'll have at least some baseline of comparison....

1203 bios was the best for overclocking , if you can still find it . I think they removed it from the Asus website due to the problems with the Razar mouse compactability. I have it downloaded and saved it you want to try it just pm me.

LOLZ no wonder my razer dislikes my Board

I also seem to have problems controlling my CPU Volts. Like if i set it to 1.30 CPU reads it as 1.37 and if i set it to 1.35 its still 1.37

I used the 1203 bios with my P5N32-E SLi board and never had any problems with my razer diamondback...

And the 680i chipset isn't very good for OC'ing the quads. People haven't been able to get more than 3.6 out of most of them...

Back