• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
They're all good boards. Buy the one with the best layout best for your case maybe. I just "upgraded" from a P5K to the IP35 Pro and really like the board so far. The OC'ability is pretty much all the same.

Just a think to mention ... with abit you can change the bios chip if you do something wrong ... for some other board the bios chip is soldering on the motherboard ... so if something going wrong those board where just good to do a bock holder ....

btw +1 for abit ip35 pro ...

Just a think to mention ... with abit you can change the bios chip if you do something wrong ... for some other board the bios chip is soldering on the motherboard ... so if something going wrong those board where just good to do a bock holder ....

btw +1 for abit ip35 pro ...

I have NEVER, in my entire LIFE, seen ANYBODY so in love with Abit!:p

Just to mention.
The gigabyte has dual BIOS, so if the flash goes wrong, the other BIOS chip will recover the one that got f****d up. It's like they are in a RAID 1 setup :)

If i was to buy a new board tonight what should i get with $224

Abit IP35 Pro or Gigabyte X38 DS4.Abit is $179 shipped and the Gigabyte is $209.99 +s/h

I'm not sure why there's so many Abit fanboys in this particular thread, but it's worth noting that the Gigabyte board has the better chipset, and also has two full-bandwidth PCI-E 2.0 16x slots; the IP35 doesn't.

And as for BIOSes? Yeah, the Gigabyte has a dual bios config. No waiting for a replacement part to come in, it's already built into the board. If the first BIOS can't post, the board will "fail over" to the second BIOS -- which will then allow you to reflash the first as-needed.

I'm not sure why there's so many Abit fanboys in this particular thread, but it's worth noting that the Gigabyte board has the better chipset, and also has two full-bandwidth PCI-E 2.0 16x slots; the IP35 doesn't.

And as for BIOSes? Yeah, the Gigabyte has a dual bios config. No waiting for a replacement part to come in, it's already built into the board. If the first BIOS can't post, the board will "fail over" to the second BIOS -- which will then allow you to reflash the first as-needed.

AFAIK it will reflash the main BIOS without the user needing to do anything and then use the main BIOS as usual, when it's successfully reflashed :) One of the reasons why i bought this board actually!

Back