• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IP35 Pro overclocking settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

greg

iNET Graphics Guy
I just ordered parts for my new computer, see specs below:

Abit IP35 Pro
Q6600 Quad Core
Crucial Ballistix pc 6400 DDR2 - 3GB
XFX PVT84GUDF3 GeForce 8600GTS - 256MB
WD Caviar 7200rpm -160GB
Thermalright Ultra 120
OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI 700W

I don't know what settings to change to get stable OC results. How many gigahertz would you all recommend I shoot for based off the hardware I bought? I have only OC'd one other computer and someone told me what exactly to change in the BIOS to do that. I just don't want to mess anything up.

Greg

You should be able to change fsb to 333 without changing anything else for an easy 3.0 ghz right from the get go.

one thing you left out is the HS you are using, is it the intel stock or?

333fsb should be no problem for the motherboard. any higher and then you need to add MCH and CPUVTT voltage...FYI the higher the MCH you have selected the higher the CPUVTT you can use...

The heatsink I am using is listed above. I ordered the Thermalright Ultra 120 which I saw recommended on several threads. I know that heat becomes higher when you increase the voltage. So with this heatsink can I get higher than 3Ghz pretty easy?

You'll probably get the g0 stepping and 3.6ghz on air is very common for that chip, 3.0 should be very easy.

333fsb should be no problem for the motherboard. any higher and then you need to add MCH and CPUVTT voltage...FYI the higher the MCH you have selected the higher the CPUVTT you can use...
Hmm.....just got this board yesterday and I'm running 425 FSB on stock voltages except for CPU(1.45 which droops to 1.41 under load) and RAM(2.1). Pretty happy with that, though I don't like the Vdroop. Orthos stable nontheless.

Not for this board. I wish there was, much easier like on my 680i board, but this was my first time soldering on a motherboard or anything this small and it wasn't too difficult.

do the vdroop mod, I just adjusted my variable resistor some more and I set 1.55v in bios, and its 1.553v Idle and 1.550v loaded measured via DMM. :)
Yeah, I've seen that. I'm deciding whether I really need to do it. With CPU voltage set at 1.48 in BIOS, reads 1.46-7 in Everest and 1.44-5 at full load. It's stable at 3.5ghz, which I could only do about 3.43ghz on my P5K at same voltages. :clap: There may be more in it yet at these voltages, but I'm content for the moment.

The heatsink I am using is listed above. I ordered the Thermalright Ultra 120 which I saw recommended on several threads. I know that heat becomes higher when you increase the voltage. So with this heatsink can I get higher than 3Ghz pretty easy?

with that sink and depending on volts, you could end up somewhere betweeen 3.4-3.6ghz for a 24/7 oc.

Hmm.....just got this board yesterday and I'm running 425 FSB on stock voltages except for CPU(1.45 which droops to 1.41 under load) and RAM(2.1). Pretty happy with that, though I don't like the Vdroop. Orthos stable nontheless.

thats with a dual core,right?

Greg, you have disabled both private messages and email contact from members, thus I am unable to reply to the message you sent me. Can you please pm me with an email address that I can use?

same here but to make it easier though, we should just work in this thread. after all more heads are better then one.

some settings i would start with though for ocing
cpu voltage= i would start with 1.45 in bios
MCH=1.45 or in that range
CPUVTT=1.33 or higher
CPUGTL=where its at.
ram ratio at 1:1 with ram votlages at spec along with timings.

start with 333mhz and go up from there...

some settings i would start with though for ocing
cpu voltage= i would start with 1.45 in bios
MCH=1.45 or in that range
CPUVTT=1.33 or higher
CPUGTL=where its at.
ram ratio at 1:1 with ram votlages at spec along with timings.start with 333mhz and go up from there...

All very good advice.
I have worked with mine quit a few hours and I find the best for good temps and 24/7 stable use is at 3.4 ghz for mine. The jump to 3.6 just is not worth the increase in volts and heat it takes to do it.

I could use some help as well if anyone has time. So far I've been able to get it stable around 3Ghz without changing much but I just changed from 2 x 512 OCZ PC5400 4-4-4-8 RAM to 4 sticks of G.Skill 2GB PC1000 RAM 5-5-5-15.

As much as I would love to get the most speed out of my ram as possible that's not a main concern for me. I went with PC1000 over PC800 just to have a little head room. I would love to get this system stable at 3.4Ghz (+/-200Mhz) stable on air. This system will be used for some gaming but mostly digital video editing (Sony Vegas, Digital Juice, etc... mostly in AVCHD format.

I'm considering getting rid of two of my old low end servers (exchange, Server 2003, FTP, IIS, SQL 2K5, VPN, etc..) and running it on this system as well using VMWare and or Virtual PC.

System specs

Vista Ultimate 64bit
Abit IP35Pro MB
Intel Q6600 - Coolermaster HSF (Running at 29-31C Idle) @ 3Ghz
8GB of G.Skill PC1000 RAM (4 x 2GB) 5-5-5-15 (only received one set of 4GB RAM sticks from newegg, other 4GB's to arrive tomorrow)
ATI PCIe x850XT PE
SilverStone Zues 520watt Power Supply
SilverStone HTPC LC10M Case (reason I mention this is because of the limited space)
2 WD SE16 Caviar 500GB 7200RPM SATA II HDD (RAID 0)
2 Maxtor Diamond 10 250GB 7200RPM SATA I HDD (RAID 0)
Onboard Sound for now

Last edited:
I could use some help as well if anyone has time. So far I've been able to get it stable around 3Ghz without changing much but I just changed from 2 x 512 OCZ PC5400 4-4-4-8 RAM to 4 sticks of G.Skill 2GB PC1000 RAM 5-5-5-15.

As much as I would love to get the most speed out of my ram as possible that's not a main concern for me. I went with PC1000 over PC800 just to have a little head room. I would love to get this system stable at 3.4Ghz (+/-200Mhz) stable on air. This system will be used for some gaming but mostly digital video editing (Sony Vegas, Digital Juice, etc... mostly in AVCHD format.

I'm considering getting rid of two of my old low end servers (exchange, Server 2003, FTP, IIS, SQL 2K5, VPN, etc..) and running it on this system as well using VMWare and or Virtual PC.

System specs

Vista Ultimate 64bit
Abit IP35Pro MB
Intel Q6600 - Coolermaster HSF (Running at 29-31C Idle) @ 3Ghz
8GB of G.Skill PC1000 RAM (4 x 2GB) 5-5-5-15
ATI PCIe x850XT PE
SilverStone Zues 520watt Power Supply
SilverStone HTPC LC10M Case (reason I mention this is because of the limited space)
2 WD SE16 Caviar 500GB 7200RPM SATA II HDD (RAID 0)
2 Maxtor Diamond 10 250GB 7200RPM SATA I HDD (RAID 0)
Onboard Sound for now
up the NB voltage since you have all for dimms popluated, i would go with 1:1 or 1:1.2/1:125 with 8x multi and 400fsb.

up the NB voltage since you have all for dimms popluated, i would go with 1:1 or 1:1.2/1:125 with 8x multi and 400fsb.

That's exactly what I have running at this point.

8x multi, 1:125 divider, which puts the CPU at 3.2Ghz and the RAM and 1000Mhz. I'll look at the NB tomorrow. So far the Vcore was bumped twice from the default and the RAM was bumped to 2.1v which is supported by G.Skill. I have to say that this is very nice RAM for the price.

Any suggestions to get my CPU at 3.6Ghz stable with what I have to work with or is it just not worth it for the small increase? The Q6600 is the G0 stepping by the way.

edit: thats strange, the BIOS reads that its running at 3.2Ghz but the system properties shows 3.6Ghz. Dang it now I have to do the math to see who is correct lol
My Video card is killing me and I was so proud of it almost two years ago when I bought the top of the line card. I've never done anything like that before and i dont think I'll do it again.

score.jpg

guru-1.jpg

Last edited:
Well I got the other 4GB of RAM in today and got it installed. Wow this system screams! I also forgot to use the overclock feature in the ATI catalyst software. Now take a look at the Windows experience.

score-1.jpg

score1.jpg

since i have no idea how MS goes about benchmarking computer parts i cant say one way or another about it. the first place i would start with cause if Uguru is right your not using much voltage for 3.2ghz. up the cpu voltage in uguru till the panle reads 1.35v, then up your fsb some more, lower the ram ratio down, for right now use 1:1. then clock up the fsb that way your ram that if i read right is ddr2-1000 wont be running stock till 500mhz fsb. that way you can rule out the ram as the culprit when something happens. just if windows doesnt load when you up the fsb raise the cpu voltage if still no boot move to the MCH/CPUVTT votlage. also one thing i always do my self, set the PCIE speed to 101 in the bios.

Back