• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Processor Temps with phase?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tjh566

Ok when I put my cpu under 100% load with high overclock and high voltages the temps reported by core temp creep up to like 15*c but my evap temp says -29*c.. is this normal or is something wrong here?

Im still kinda new to all this, just curious.

Normal, the beauty of phase is not the CPU temp, but the ability to hold all that load while keeping the CPU temp still quite low compared to ambient and other things.
If you turn off load the CPU temp will drop down to evap temp most likely.

ok, thanks, I've been reseating this thing and trying everything I could to get it to stop doing that, lol

And for some reason core temp wont read lower than 0*c so I am unsure of the temps past that.

If you want to get a rough idea of your cpu temp, use Speedfan. It's the only prog i have found that reads - temps. My rig for instance, at idle, reads -60c. Put it under dual Orthos and that temp then goes up to about -14c after 10mins or so.

speed fan reports about -15*c idle, guess its time to build a cascade :) lol

Not at all, much higher pressure system, so much easier for things to go wrong, different safety system needed, and alot more experience.

Back