• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3] Overclocking causing X-Fi card to not work properly

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

3thereal

Hey everyone, first time to these forums and I'm hoping someone can help me with an issue that has plagued me for several months. I have an Intel Core 2 Duo E6600, Geforce 8800GTS, 2GB of corsair memory, and a Creative X-Fi Gamer audio card. Whenever I enable any form of overclocking on my motherboard at all (even just raising the FSB one tick), the sound card does the strangest thing. On every other reboot, windows will not recognize the sound card correctly and will not install any drivers - all I have to do is reboot it one more time to fix this. So basically, when I overclock my CPU, anytime I want to reboot, I have to do it twice in order to have sound. I have tried a completely different creative X-fi card, restoring my computer, new CPU - everything short of a new motherboard. I also have the latest BIOS update from Gigabyte's website. My temps are just fine (usually sticking around 30C on idle), and if it was not for the sound card problem I'd be able to over clock the CPU a whole 800 mhz with no problems and not even touching the voltages. Both creative and gigabyte say it's the other party that's at fault, so they're no help.

I'm out of ideas. Has anyone else ran into this problem?

I had it set to auto, but changing it to 100mhz didn't do the trick either =\

Look for PCI latency timer in the bios, set to 64 or 128.

No option in my bios to mess with the PCI latency timer, and all the voltages are set to normal (cpu 1.35 and normal 1.25). Thanks for the ideas guys.

I know this thread was started forever ago, but life got a little busy for me. I just wanted to let you know the PCI latency tool did the trick perfectly - thanks a lot!

Back