• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI P35 Neo2-FR some advice please :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sprtn

Registered
hello everyone i would first like to start with saying hello.. im new to the forums and ill be here a lot from now on reading and posting what i know and what i learn :D.

right so to the point. i just got a new setup was kinda short on cash so i did the best with what i could. my specs are in my sig..

i have a 64 bit vista now so i can support my 4 gigs or ram ( not to sure if its very good ram but we will see) everything is good. now after reading your forums abit i thought i would check what my FSB speed is... well it was running at 266. i know that was not right since the FSB can handel 333 FSB
now i'm not guna lie i don't know a whole lot about overclocking but trile and errior here. i tried it at 333 it worked fine. i then tried it at 400 and it wont boot up. so my mobo is nice and resets everything and i set it back to 333.

now i only have a stock CPU heat sink with the quad core ( and i think when you turn up the FSB the CPU clock does not go up so i should be fine there.)

while i was reading the forums here i saw things about turning up volt on the FSB witch i did not do because i saw that it could be bad for your system.)

was wondering if the volt problem would the the reason why it would not boot up at 400 FSB.. and if makeing the FSB faster will improve the performance...

any hints, tips, redirect to Thread would be of so much help. i have wanted to learn this stuff for a while now but college and world of warcraft had been taking up my time i quit wow now :p... gogo crysis :D

CPUZ333.jpg

thanks Sprtn..

Last edited:
Well first you're gonna need better cooling, it's imperative. Once you get that, you can then try upping the vMCH to 1.45v, up the South bridge voltage to 1.7v and up the vcore to around 1.4v.

Good luck :)

thanks :D.. yeah i knew that but would i need more cooling for the mobo if i turn up the FSB and turning it up with a stock CPU with it make a diffrence ??

wow ok so im trying to update my bios witch i dont think i can do without a Floppy drive.. my drive died and never got a new one lol..

so here i am trying to use MIS's live update 3 and man its friveing me up the wall this is what i get..

Error
The service has not been started (5 times in a row)

then i get

VBIOS
Flash_MMIO_MAP DeviceIOControl error

any idea whats going on my idea is that its because its X64 vista or Vista :p

Edit...
btw im updateing bios due to ramdom BSOD
does a mem dump.
(i have never flashed a Bios so the live update would help :p)

thanks again for anyhelp :D

Last edited:
well i gave up i just went to get a Nforce 680i SLI :D never have had a problem with nvidia chpsets should have just stayed with it :D so far no crashes all works well :D
<3 nvidia :D...

thanks to all of you who helped me with my MSI :D

Back