• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good board with intel chipset in $150-$200 range?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

moto211

so, i have a XFX 680i LT SLI and after reading about people's overclocking troubles with this board, i've decided that i don't want to have to go through all that just to overclock my system. i have no intentions of running dual vid cards, so i don't really need the 680i board. i'm wondering what you guys think would be a good board, from a good manufacturer, with an intel chipset in the $150-$200 range, max $220.

maybe not what you want to hear... hold on to the board and wait for a few bios updates, oc will get better with later bios's.

other wise my vote is for the IP35-Pro,if you dont need SLI.

maybe not what you want to hear... hold on to the board and wait for a few bios updates, oc will get better with later bios's.

other wise my vote is for the IP35-Pro,if you dont need SLI.

so you think that the 680i LT will turn out be a good board and i should stick with it?

if possible, i would like to stick with it because i haven't ruled out the possiblity of ever wanting a second vid card and my first one is an Nvidia.

so you think that the 680i LT will turn out be a good board and i should stick with it?

if possible, i would like to stick with it because i haven't ruled out the possiblity of ever wanting a second vid card and my first one is an Nvidia.

wait.. i read this thread earlier and saw 780i not 680i... 680i has gotten all the bios updates possible. sounds like you got the board that doesnt oc quads well. :(

back to my IP35-Pro vote :thup:

*edit*
err i should ask what cpu you have then say how much you can oc... the quads on certian 680i's dont oc hardly at all compare to later rev 680i boards.

yea thats why your not ocing so high or well will. the board needs more voltage for the cpuvtt/fsbterm voltage. you better off with a P35 board then...

Back