• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DHL is really grinding my gears today

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xenocide

I called around 4pm today because a package from dell had a "Item being held" on it. They said it had missed the truck and would be late. OK what ever, I'll live.

I also had been waiting home today for a package from Frys. All of the sudden at 6:15 it says delivered at 12:42am left at front door. I have been home all day and my DHL driver knows he can't leave it at the front door because I live in an apartment complex. He comes to my place regularly and knows me by face, he always knocks and we usually have a short conversation.

DHL says they will try to contact me with in 2 hours with the status of the package.

LAME.
:bang head

Package was supposed to be delivered on Friday. Called and they said it missed a flight and it would be to me Monday. Monday rolls around I call and they say no didn't make it on the truck it will be out tommorow. DHL used to be better then this :(

DHL is awful. I wish Airborne Express was still around (was eaten by DHL). They tended to be the cheapest for quick shipments and high quality. DHL on the other hand tends to employ part time delivery persons in unmarked vans that do surprise deliveries in some areas. Kind of lame and unprofessional really.

The last package I got from DHL I was surprised and everything went very well. The three before that I ended up having to goto dhl (about 45 minutes one way) and pick them up because they had some lame excuse. I even quit buying from frys just so I would not have to deal with them.

They still refuse to give me an answer. The customer service reps are very helpful, but they say its the local center that is not making the driver following up. I raised the issue to the corporate office, yesterday but still no solution.

They finally called and just said oh well they left it there, you are SOL, sorry. File a lost claim.

This is such bull**** i was home all day and no one came.

i lost out on a 600$ turbo for my car that was "left at door" by fedex "van". filed a clame and wasable to get 200$ back out of 600$ hate being in apartments.

I also got burned by DHL, they botched 2nd day shipping and got it to me tuesday after lying about me not being here to get it.

[edit]

Clarification: the 2nd day would have been friday.

Last edited:
That's why I go UPS, they even paid for and upgraded my shipping to overnight for free on a series of packages that got stuck in a flooded warehouse near New Orleans during Katrina. And it was taken care of in under a week and a half.

I had to order a new AC Adapter for my wifes laptop (New puppy chewed through it) I ordered it on the 8th, it has been sitting 8 miles away from me at a DHL sorting facility since the 9th and it has an estimated delivery date of 1-14-08, and it lokks like they are going to let it sit there over the weekend and deliver it Monday! Not really a big deal because she can use my AC Adapter but c'mon, I understand if they didn't deliver it the next day but they could have delivered it today. :confused:

Still nothing from my lost claim, frys and dhl are stalling

I will be doing a chargeback very soon if I do not hear anything.

Xeno, don't do a chargeback. A chargeback reflects very poorly on the company you bought the item from, and has nothing to do with the shipping company. File a complaint with the BBB Call up and escalate as much as you can, find the mailing address of a local manager, or something similiar.

If you buy a part. You expect it on your door, in a reasonable amount of time. If you do not get said item. Do you a. let it slide or b. take matters in your own hands, via chargeback. Fry's does not care. They got the money.

If you where under the assumption under a week. It did not get fixed. You tried your best to correct it. No dice... I think you should do a reverse on the charge. Your out the amount you paid and nothing to show for it.

If you feel like they are doing good fixing it. A reverse is not needed. If you feel they are being jerks. Do it! Who cares about the shipper. You cannot get insurance from the loss. You have to wait for the refund.

My input, and I never had to do a reverse charge before. Or had a need.

I've only had good experiences with DHL. It may help that I'm 2 miles from their sort facility in Irvine... I don't know...

Back