• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X3220 G0 on Dice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dawgdoc

Chilled my X3220 G0 tonight on the Foxconn Mars mobo.

Went ok.......was hoping for better but I guess this chip just didnt have the FSB potential that my Q6600 has.

X3220 maxed out at 511 FSB. I was able to get 540+ on the Q6600 on the same mobo, so I feel comfortable its the CPU that is FSB limiting in this case. Needless to say I was a little disapointed. Doubt Ill get alot of hwbot point for tonight since SO few people bench this chip, but Ill add a few point and also good handful of rank #1 hardware awards as well :)

Interestingly enough, many of my times are DARN close to my Q6600 at roughly 300mhz higher CPU clock speeds and tighter ram timings. I will need to investigate that some more and see what I did right with that part of things tonight :)

CPU-Z: Verification Link

Spi 1M at 11.062 sec
Spi 1M X3220 11sec 062.PNG

Spi 32M at 11min, 33.125 sec
Spi 32M X3220 Mars 11min 33sec 125.PNG

Wprime 32M at 9.092 sec
Wprime 32M X3220 Mars 9sec 092.png

Wprime 1024M at 4min 54.620sec
Wprime 1024M X3220 Mars 294sec 621.png

Hexus Pifast at 20.89s
Hexus Pifast X3220 Mars 20sec89.PNG

just a suggestion, you might try backing down on volts, with my q6600, I saw no gains going over 1.6v with dry ice, adding volts actually hurt the clocks, ;)
very nice though :beer:

just a suggestion, you might try backing down on volts, with my q6600, I saw no gains going over 1.6v with dry ice, adding volts actually hurt the clocks, ;)
very nice though :beer:

Thx for the advice Todd. Ill give it a try and see if it makes any difference.

:)

You sure arn't scared of volts doc, gotta love that :D

If you not playing with SetFSB you should try it doc, it could get you alot more FSB/MHz. Once in Windows, drop PL with Memset and then crank the FSB ;)

No, I sure aint scared of volts :)

If BIOS would go higher so would I hehehe.

But this boards BIOS Vcore maxes out at 2.07, and there is indeed a wicked Vdroop. I need to do that mod I think.

Allready using SetFSB, Its in every one of the screenies bossman :)

Ahhhh cool.

Last night was the first time I played with memset.

My ballistix were so nice I was happy with everything I could do right in BIOS :)

Mushkins are a little bit more tempermental :)

Thx for the advice guys.

Back