• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Ocing Abit IX38 Quad GT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

=AG= Devilhorse

Ok I have been out of the overclocking ring for over 3 years now and now I need some help. I finally built a new system and of course I want to OC it. I have read several post including the one here http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=515316

Anyway I am not having much luck and pretty much lost. My old system ran for close to 4 years and after I had it stable I just let it run. Now everything is new and I am lost after not messing with ocing for a while.

I am only getting 3.2 out of it now but I would think it could go a lot more. Maybe I am wrong. But I would be very thankful for some help from some of you that know what you are doing unlike me. If this topic has been covered here I am sorry for another post but I have looked around and just not found to much info on this setup.

I am running the stock bios on the board as abits site does not show any updates though I have seen some mentioned in different forums.

I am running
intel e6850 chip with a ZALMAN CNPS9500 AT 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink

Abit IX38 Quad GT mobo

A-DATA 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit 5-5-5-18

EVGA 8800gts 512 version

Audigy 2zs sound card

I am running 2 power supplies a 700 and a 500 in a large case with plenty of air running 9 120mm case fans.

If I go any higher than 3.2 it will goto a black screen turn off reset itself to factory specs and restart. I don't think heat is an issue because its running like 15c to 17c and its all in a mountain mods case with plenty of room. I have been trying this running the memory at 1:1. I will go have a look at the link stdu007 posted.

ok I read the post and noticed you had Abit ix38 quad gt bios 11 is that the stock bios or the beta that I have read about? As I mentioned I am running stock bios due to the fact on Abits site they offer no downloads for the board yet.

I had water on my last system and I see now I may have to put it on this one.

well I managed to get it to 3.6 and it ran stable. When I went for 3.8 it would not goto destop but I was not sure how high I could push all the voltage settings. In the past there was not so much to adjust and you had very few settings. At 3.6 temps where in the 30 to 32c range.

Back