• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TigerDirect's Parent Company to Acquire 16 CompUSA Stores, CompUSA.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
MicroCenter replaced a CompUSA in NJ also. Hoping for more.

I don't care for TD or CompUSA.

I don't care for TD or CompUSA.

Ditto. I'm also hoping to see a Fry's or Microcenter in the upstate NY area. All we have left are a few lame local shops, Circuit City, Staples, and Best Buy. Best Buy's okay for some peripherals, but they're not a full PC shop (no motherboards or processors).

I did manage to snag a decent Epson AIO printer for 15% off last week (our only local Latham Compussr store is going out of business). If TG or Microcenter knew the market here there's no way they would be closing that store.

PS, I'd rather have seen a FRYS as well.....

That is only until you actually go to one. They talk big, but their quality control isn't the best.

I can get to the local Fry's in about 10 minutes, and still do most of my electronic purchases at Newegg!

steve

Now, if you really LIKE doing returns, buy stuff from Fry's!

steve

In addition, all existing TigerDirect stores will now be called CompUSA. "We have a terrific opportunity to continue the great CompUSA brand and establish a new heritage that will extend for generations to come," Fiorentino added.

Bad move, brother. First off, always thought it was a stupid name, anyway. Second off, CompUSA isn't exactly a name that inspires images of quality or value.

Haha TD is trading their name for CompUSA? It's like the lesser of two evils, or rather 6 of one half a dozen of another. The implication is that TDs name is tarnished so they are switching to CompUSA like rats fleeing a sinking ship, cracks me up.

a crap online e-tailer gets together with a crap box store.. now they have merged into an unholy matrimony which will bear fruit to a crap e-tailer that also has crap box stores so you can take it from both sides. just great!

Back