• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking ECS945GCT-M (1333) MB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jeffrub1

I've gone into the bios of this board and don't really see many OC options, (unless I'm just stupid.) Any suggestions? My last Abit motherboard had many more settings and was much easier to understand. Sorry for sounding new at this...I haven't changed motherboards in almost 7years!! :eek:

ECS for the intel side never has any ocing options, you will find amd boards from them with loads of ocing features. if you want some ocing post up what cpu you have.. as you might be able to pad mod the cpu to get 333mhz so that you can oc with out the need for the options in the bios.

I just got this mobo from Fry's with a E6750 combo. Having trouble with the video card reinitializing after restarts. You can specify in BIOS to initialize PCI-e first, but there is no way to explicitly disable the on-board video.

I'm interested if anyone has had luck with any overclocking on this board myself as there are limited adjustments allowed for FSB and voltages.

Last edited:
ECS for the intel side never has any ocing options, you will find amd boards from them with loads of ocing features. if you want some ocing post up what cpu you have.. as you might be able to pad mod the cpu to get 333mhz so that you can oc with out the need for the options in the bios.

I've got an e6550 core 2 duo. It's at 333, (cpu-z show my fsb @ 1333.) What is "pad mod?"

Thanks for the help!

its a way of fooling the motherboard into thinking the cpu is a faster fsb then it is. since that cpu is native 1333fsb pad modding wont work. you want to do this with a cpu with either a 800 or 266 fsb. that way you can make them run faster with out needing to mod them for more voltage. its easier to pad more for fsb then cpu voltage, but it can be done.

Back