• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

narrowed it down to 3, pros/cons requested

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jdmnash

Registered
Are you wanting ddr2 or ddr3 the last link is a ddr3 mobo that's why theres a 3 on the end

The premium has largely taken over from the p5k deluxe. there have been some improvements, giving bettter performance, against that there jave been a number of posts of sata issues. frankly i'd go with the 2nd , if you want a ddr2 board

luck:)

i might ask you to consider the Abit IP35-Pro or a Gigabyte P35-DS3R board. lower price and still good ocing, i would say go IP35-Pro over gigabyte though,just IMO.

p5k premium but i've owned notthing but asus for years i've heard lots of good things about abit ip35 pros from lots of people so they cant be all wrong
Rich

yeah ddr2 b/c i got the memory for xmas [sig]. thanks for the suggestions guys. the research continues...

http://clubit.com/product_detail.cfm?itemno=CA4841007#
if i got the ip35 pro could i oc my memory (ballistix tracer pc2 8500 2gb ddr2) back up to the 1066Mhz or higher? given the ip35 pro board natively supports 800Mhz ddr2.

the ip35 has a very attractive feature set but the asus p5k premium is faster and natively supports the memory that I already have. is the bios in the p5k in a zif socket?

Last edited:
well you say native but you plan on ocing right? that native feature wont matter in anycase with either board. im not sure how the prem is faster or what you mean by that,unless its just for the support for 1066 ram with the cpu at stock.

Back