• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Enclosure for WC Rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

J.Galt

I'm a longtime air user finally switching over to a wc rig, and I'd like to find something nice to enclose the guts of the system (rad/fans, pump, & res) that will match my current case (Lian-Li PC60 - silver). Going to be using a Black Ice Pro 3 rad, Laing DDC+ pump and I'll make a res out of whatever will fit after all of that is bolted in. Ideally I'd like something about half the size of a mid-tower case... I'm tempted to just buy another PC60 and cut the bottom off it, (that way I could epoxy it to the top of my current case and mask the line with some trim) but I don't want to do that if I can find something along the same lines but cheaper... know of any cheap aluminum boxes out there? Doesn't have to be particuarly fancy, I can cut my own fan grills and whatnot with my trusty variable-speed dremel.

Also, should I mount the fans underneath the rad so that they are blowing the air out through it, or ontop so that they are pulling air through it, or does it not really matter? Thank you in advance.

That thing is $350 and an 18" cube. If I were building a new system from scratch I probably still wouldn't buy it. I'm looking for something small, I only want to enclose the WCing components. 18"x8"x8" would be ideal. It needs to be alluminum and silver in color to match my current case. I considered buying a new case and just having everything in that, but I doubt I could find a buyer for my old case, as I've modded it to suit my needs over the years. Something around $30-60 with the above dimensions would be ideal, if I can't find something in that range I'll just build a frame and bolt the radiator to the side of my case, mounting the pump inside.

If I were you I would just build a frame, and wrap some sheet metal around it, making your own enclosure.

Yeah, sounds like that's what I'm going to do. I can get sheet alluminum but I don't have a break so the corners would look cruddy... might look around for some L-shaped trim I can use to clean them up.

Back