• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg RMA ;)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hazaro

DVD burner went kaput after it's 5th burn in 5 months...

12/28 - Hit up chat and get a representative to authorize a RMA with free shipping and no restocking fee.

01/02 - Get off my lazy butt and ship the thing out.

01/03 - They receive it (In Cali same as me).

01/04 - e-mail notification of received and confirmed product.

01/07 - e-mail notification of RMA review (The burner was no longer in stock, I knew this after checking and had already decided on a new burner)
- e-mail from newegg staff asking whether I wanted a refund ($32.99) or a similar replacement that I could suggest.
- I reply with my choice

01/08 - Product confirmed, added to cart, and awaiting to be shipped.

2001658131058254773_rs.jpg

Love the egg.

smoooth. That's a great burner. I own 3 of them. Great job and the egg is awesome once again! :beer:

they broke some of their own rules for me when I needed to RMA a video card. I've got an EVGA 7600GT that I thought was bad and wanted to exchange it for another and they said they had to have all of the original packaging like the EVGA box, manual, cd's, accessories, etc to accept it.

Who keeps the box laying around??

I told her I'd thrown it away long ago after hacking it up to get the UPC for the rebate. She at first said I was out of luck but I quickly pointed out to her (and her manager who was on the phone also at this point) how many thousands of dollars I had given newegg for parts over the years and how it wouldn't be worth it to lose a life long customer over a $80 video card.

The manager quickly changed his tune and made an exception :D I've kept all my boxes and junk just in case from that point on. I just sort of box the small boxes in the larger boxes to conserve space and give the customers I build for their boxes broken down flat and all folded up and tell them to store it and why.

I recently had an ambivalent experience. Yes the let me do a return RMA for an item that was replacement only. Due to the fact I was convinced that it was a bad design, not a damaged/non-functioning part. (Bluetooth headset...some people could hear me, some couldn't...the ones that could had to really strain to do so. Very small microphone opening.) Sent it back along with the combo SD card. Get an e-mail telling me there was a problem. I call the number listed. They said it didn't have the SD card in there when they opened it up. Since it was loose, I figured they just threw it out with the packaging. Oh well. So I said it was ok to deduct that from the RMA. I did send it, but I'll deal.

Well, 3 weeks later, I see there has been no action. I call up and I'm told that there is no record of the first call.

Upshot, I get the RMA, minus the retail for an "Included free combo" SD card a month after I requested the RMA. Not great service, but not horrible either.

01/09 - Product shipped
01/10 - Product arrived!

Just popped it in, and it's working fine :D

Back