• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA 680i LT wall

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FatSteveIrwin

I've ran into what i believe to be the wall on this mobo, but i've been reading that you can hit 500fsb. I can boot at 462 (3.7Ghz) semi stable, and run 450 (3.6Ghz) stable 24/7. voltages are all max'd (exept for the core voltage) but i only have nforce spp so no real NB control. Any ideas?

well is this the 680i missing the middle pcie slot? if it is i read those oc a bit lower then the ones with 3 pcie slots. not sure how or why since both boards use the same bios. SSP is the nb they just use a different name for it thats all. if you have alreay jacked it up all the way then i think your sol, unless you go with another board.

my 680i wouldn't go above about 470 give or take a few, 680i's have never been known for good fsb overclocking.

well the 680i wasnt release with p35, it was release right after P965. compared to p965 it oced the same if not higher at the time. its hard to call a chipset this old a not so good ocer considering when it was released. the only downfall imo of 680i is the much higher heat the chipset puts out compared to p965/p35.

i figured i hit the top, looks like ill have to order me a P5E and get this junk outa here. I can't even hit 2.5 with 4gigs ram in it so :bang head

Back