• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

expierence with this combo???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jdmnash

Registered
I finally hit the checkout button for the remainder of my first rig. I've done my homework and I think I have arrived at a good combination. Anyone have recent experience with this particular combination: p5k premium, q6600 GO, and EVGA 8800GTS 320bit- 320mb, and ballistix tracer ddr2 1066? Thanks, Jart

Well, I have the P5K Premium....8800GTS 512mb and Crucial Ballistix ddr2 800.

Close enough ;)

The motherboard (IMHO) is the best out there. Love my GTS and Ballistix ;)

The only thing I don't have is a quad, so I can't tell you how it will do with that...

Is there a reason you chose the 8800gts 320mb instead of the newer faster 8800gt 512mb or 8800gts 512mb?

Nope go with the 8800gt or gts 512mb both are better than your selection

the 320bit buss is only better at really high res with aa/af. for the slight cost difference of the 8800GT it is better to go with. cause the 8800gt has more SP's then the GTS 320bit cards (96 vs 112). also the ram clock is much higher and even the core is slightly faster as well.

I too have pretty much the exact same setup as you (atm... running XP-Pro instead of Vista and only 2Gb), but I've just flicked the 320GTS card and am waiting for a 512Mb (G92) GTS to come back into stock here... everyone is raving about the better performance, so I agree with the others... can the 320 and grab a 512GTS... EVGA do one with a full version of Crysis too. (Wish they were available here!)

can you use an 8 pin cpu power connector with this mobo (p5k)? it looks like the connector is 8 pin with a 4 pin plug covering half of it and the picture on newegg only labels it as a 4 pin connector.

can you use an 8 pin cpu power connector with this mobo (p5k)? it looks like the connector is 8 pin with a 4 pin plug covering half of it and the picture on newegg only labels it as a 4 pin connector.
Yes, it comes out.

Back