• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

In case you did not know...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I read that the other day and it was interesting. But I truly do believe that Intel wouldn't be so stupid as to cancel any cross-licensing agreement if AMD bit the dust and got bought out in the present climate that the cpu industry is in. Intel is already under the magnifying glass right now for anti-competitive behavior both here in the US and abroad on the EU. And an action such as that would just reinforce the opinion of many that Intel was and still is engaging in illegal anti-competitive actions.

I read that the other day and it was interesting. But I truly do believe that Intel wouldn't be so stupid as to cancel any cross-licensing agreement if AMD bit the dust and got bought out in the present climate that the cpu industry is in. Intel is already under the magnifying glass right now for anti-competitive behavior both here in the US and abroad on the EU. And an action such as that would just reinforce the opinion of many that Intel was and still is engaging in illegal anti-competitive actions.

I agree, why not keep a competitor around that you can keep in check vs no competitor and dealing with multiple governments knocking you all around. One possible outcome of such anti-trust issues could be to break up the company. Better off keeping the company whole and easing up on a few contracts.

Back