• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Worst Bios EVER

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hillsdale

I have the Gigabyte P35-DS35 Mobo and the Bios are just horrible! i cant overclock or change the timings on the Ram, and i cant overclock my CPU past a certain point or the PC stalls when loading XP. Not to mention the countless options to change the cpu from "Normal" to "Extreme" or "Travel"

What can i do about my problems.

You'll need this info to set your ram multiplier.
System memory multiplier:

2.50 = 4/5
3.00 = 2/3
2.00 = 1/1
2.40 = 5/6
3.20 = 5/8
3.33 = 3/5
4+ = 1/2

I would start with the 1/1 first. Good luck!

Oddly enough, it's mentioned in the manual that comes with the motherboard. If you got it used without a manual, you can still download it as a .pdf from Gigabyte's site. Makes a good read.

edit: I'm talking about the CTRL-F1/BIOS thingy, not the Gigabyte RAM ratio translation :p

That board's Bios is actually pretty good IMO...:confused: Ignore all the extra settings and just focuss on the basics, like RAM : FSB ratio, v-core, MCH voltage and you should be OK, leave the RAM timings on SPD untill you have established max stable FSB and CPU speeds, then you can tighten the RAM timings if you feel like it.
Where are you stuck at the moment?

something sounds funky... do this set only your fsb to 333 and restart. check the bios and see if it went back to auto. if it did i would either flash to the newest bios or reflash the current one. the bios might have not some things enabled correctly.

something sounds funky... do this set only your fsb to 333 and restart. check the bios and see if it went back to auto. if it did i would either flash to the newest bios or reflash the current one. the bios might have not some things enabled correctly.

nope not working still....

Well i had the Beta to their newest (upcoming im guessing) Bios, so ill just take the last full set and see if that helps.

if you took something i said as reset.. umm i mean reflash thats much different. the other part was to simply set fsb in bios/save and exit/ it shoud have stuck then. depending on how you save and exit it might not be working write. as one guy at abit forums i helped was using the F10 for save and exit. when he just seleted the save and exit, it worked...not always the case but you just never know...

What ram multiplier are you using? Thats why I posted the different ones a few posts up. With my board I started out using 2.00 = 1/1 but have since started using 2.50 = 4/5. Been OC'ing @ 3.10 for months now.

Back