• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

System crashing. Abit IP35-Pro temperatures vs "Core temp" temperatures?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zrrbite

Registered
System crashing. Abit IP35-Pro temperatures vs "Core temp" temperatures?

Hello all,

I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing huge differences in the temperature reports from uGuru vs core temp. I just rigged up my Q6600 which is running around 30 degrees hot @ stock voltage/speed (2.4Ghz)/cooling. Core temp, however, has all 4 cores at 40+ degrees, with core 0 being in the 45+ range.

I find this odd. Not sure if it has anything to do with my system crashes around 10 minutes after boot :(

Symptons : Mouse/keyboard freezes, sound screws up .. Windows MCE SP2 will continue to work, but only for a little while. (I see cursor blinks, and the likes).

Running the latest bios (14), alsoPC5400 ram @ 4:5 FSB:RAM @ stock voltage (1.8). According to uGuru all temperatures are pretty cool. As you can see this system isn't even OC'd yet.

Graphics card has power from PSU. I've not plugged anything into ATX4P1 slot tho. This should be enough, right?

Anyone have any ideas? Thank you.

Last edited:
Hello all,

I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing huge differences in the temperature reports from uGuru vs core temp. I just rigged up my Q6600 which is running around 30 degrees hot @ stock voltage/speed (2.4Ghz)/cooling. Core temp, however, has all 4 cores at 40+ degrees, with core 0 being in the 45+ range.

I find this odd. Not sure if it has anything to do with my system crashes around 10 minutes after boot :(

Symptons : Mouse/keyboard freezes, sound screws up .. Windows MCE SP2 will continue to work, but only for a little while. (I see cursor blinks, and the likes).

Running the latest bios (14), alsoPC5400 ram @ 4:5 FSB:RAM @ stock voltage (1.8). According to uGuru all temperatures are pretty cool. As you can see this system isn't even OC'd yet.

Graphics card has power from PSU. I've not plugged anything into ATX4P1 slot tho. This should be enough, right?

Anyone have any ideas? Thank you.
uguru reads the temp from the geometric center of the heatspreader, or somewhere close. Coretemp reads the temp of each individual core, so what you are seeing is normal.

Also plug in that ATX4P1 connector, is supplies extra voltage to the MB......

Ah, that explains the temperatures, thanks.

The ATX4P1 is a 4-pin Molex conncetor on the IP35-Pro. It sits just below the second PCI-E slot. I'm already giving it juice directly from a 6-pin PCI-E power connector from my Corsair HX620. I suspect the molex connector is to supply additional power in case of crossfire, but i don't really know.

Thanks for your thoughts.

it is indeed for CF and also if your GPU is a high power draw, so that you would also be able to power the other 1x slots on the board.

Back