• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where'd you get your T junction?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Albuquerque

I'm running a completely closed loop right now, which sucks because it has just a few small bubbles that you can hear rolling around. I've been running this way for several years tho, and temps have been more than fine, so I haven't decided to tear down the rig to fix it yet.

Well, now I'm buildling a whole new rig, and I'm gonna fix this. I found 1/2" ID brass T's at the local Lowes and bought one, but the nipples are thick enough that bubbles don't seem to roll up into it correctly. Is there a trick to this, or are there better T's to be had that aren't quite so bulky and thick that will allow the bubbles to pass into it easier?

Thanks! :beer:

I use copper 1/2"x1/2"x3/4" T's for my T-lines. With 3/4" on the top side of the T few bubbles get past it. I don't use barbs at all, just short pieces of 1/2" and 3/4" copper pipe soldered as usual for plumbing.

As a nice plus the 3/4" tube on the T has more than double the water reserve as a 1/2" tube ...

If yo udon't want to do any pipe soldering, buy 3/8" ID copper Ts. The ID is is just a hair shy of 1/2" and tubbing fits over them with out too much straining. Use hose clamps.

The readson why the T's work is because 3/8"Id copper pip is meant to be inserted into them, so it's actually bigger than 3/8"

Back