• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's wrong with DFI?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jblindy

Registered
It seems to me that dfi is a great board. From the information that I can gather their boards have all the features that an enthusiast could want with strong oc'ing potential. Yet, whenever somebody asks for a board recomendation, dfi hardly ever is mentioned? Why is this?

I've got my EVGA 680i up for sale on ebay and am in the market for another board. I keep coming back to the DFI LP LT P35 T2R. Got my eye on the Gigabyte DS3R as well.

Anyway, I'm just curious why nobody ever hypes the DFI boards?

I think part of the reason is that DFI has been coming out with their boards later than the competition, so the majority of the people jumping on the new chipsets as soon as they launch have been buying different boards.

I just picked up a LP DK P35-T2RS, and absolutely love it thus far. Went for that model since I don't have a need for Crossfire. I'll always buy Lanparty boards when I can.

had a dfi one of the first lp boards 775 had nothing but trouble with it and no help or support from dfi these was before core 2 duos were out and amd was on top so no help for the intel side after that i'll never have a dfi board again back to asus
Rich

Dfi boards usually comes out later than other manufactures do. Like when they released p35 boards after long time just before x38 showed up. Usually boards are pricy while other manufacture's board are getting cheaper.

For myself I would not buy dfi since their boards lack stability for long runs.

Dfi boards usually comes out later than other manufactures do. Like when they released p35 boards after long time just before x38 showed up. Usually boards are pricy while other manufacture's board are getting cheaper.

For myself I would not buy dfi since their boards lack stability for long runs.

I have heard this before, but why do you say that they lack stability for long runs?

i havent had any issue with DFI how ever i always used AMD boards, i think alot of it is the new chipsets for intel, they kinda did their own chipsets for a long time and no one wanted to deal with it then something changed but you gotta give it time.

any one rember the older KM and KT chipsets from VIA? they absolutly sucked *** for a long time there, kt400a and i herd KM800 chips were ok....not super great but better than the utter crap they used to make.

Sure, DFI is probably great!
But the thing is (what it seems like imho), there isn't many users buying it casue the knowledge and experience from others isn't available in the same great extent as for ex abit, asus and gigabyte. And that's something very important :)
So i don't find it strange, that there's no hype about DFI.

DFI are great boards, I got a 939 SLI-DR board for a 4400+ about 2 1/2 years ago and it still runs very solid. I would recommend DFI to anyone looking for a high quality board. I am looking to upgrade it but only because of new technology, considering buying another DFI board but the one i want is too expensive for me right now.

I'm really considering the DFI LP LT P35 T2R. The only thing that concerns me is the lack of easy recovery after a bad setting in bios. If something goes wrong, I'll have to clear cmos and then reenter every setting that I had entered previously. Seems like that would be a major pita!

I have been using DFI boards for awhile now and they are some of the best overclocking boards around! The expert in my sig has been running for almost two years now rock solid and my old ultra d is doing time in a rig for my parents. I think DFI doesn't have a huge rep in the intel world simply because intels seem to be much easier to oc than your average amd rig. That and the bois can really scare someone who isn't used to that many options. I intend building an intel quad system very soon and will be going with the LP LT P35 TR2. From what I have been reading it looks to be a very solid platform.

They're meant for more experienced overclockers, they need at lot more tuning but when you've done you get an excellent overclock, They're hella expensive too.

I like them, and enjoyed my various Lanparty socket 939 board, but the 680i board they have does not overclock quads well at all. 3.251 is the max stable I've been able to get.

I'm really considering the DFI LP LT P35 T2R. The only thing that concerns me is the lack of easy recovery after a bad setting in bios. If something goes wrong, I'll have to clear cmos and then reenter every setting that I had entered previously. Seems like that would be a major pita!

Can somebody comment on this? Is there an easier way to get back into bios yet retain your settings after a bad oc? Or is clearing cmos the only way?

Haha i would love to see jbindy oc when there was nuthing but jumpers.
Honestly how hard is it to clear a cmos and remember settings?

Oh and i believe you can reset there bios's by holding the reset and power buttons down

LOL...you are right. I can reset my bios by pushing the reset and power (onboard)switches down. If you have an OC profile saved, all you have to do is load it in after that.

Haha i would love to see jbindy oc when there was nuthing but jumpers.

Jumpers? Don't know what them are!:beer: JK:) I wouldn't have had the patience to mess around with jumpers. Thanks to the manufacturers for making easy on us simpletons.

Honestly how hard is it to clear a cmos and remember settings?

It's not hard at all but it sure seems like it would be a pain in the *** to have to remember all those settings!:bang head I'd rather take the easy route if one is available.

Oh and i believe you can reset there bios's by holding the reset and power buttons down

Thanks!:) Just what I was looking for.

Back