• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-X38-DQ6 owners come here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zenoth

'Sup guys,

I just noticed a few minutes ago while browsing the GigaByte's web-site that a new BIOS revision for the GA-X38-DQ6 (the DDR2 variant) had been released just a few days ago on January 2nd I believe. The new revision is the F7.

http://www.giga-byte.com/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=2665

It's on the right side of that page, under the "Related Link" panel, you click on "BIOS" and then you go down the page, you'll see the new BIOS there. I haven't tried it yet, but they mention having improved overall performance along with over-clock performance improvements. As well as CPU compatibly-related changes. This is just for the heads up about it, I wanted to point at it for any of you around here X38-DQ6 owners like me. I could try it maybe later tomorrow on a temporary system (E6600 + Kingston DDR2 800). I will post if I notice any performance improvements over my last benchmarks with that system.

Back