• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can someone please help me make a decision? Please?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AreYouAMac

Registered
Hi,

Thanks for looking. I was considering buying the GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard)

It's only about $100. It's rated the best on Newegg..but it is cheap, so I do not know if it will last.

I'm not a serious gamer. The desktop would just be used for daily use, internet, work, adobe (kind of), music editing (kind of). I say kind of because I'm not a pro, so just messing with those programs for fun.

Of course, there would be little gaming, Ages of Empire 3, Sim City, Empire Earth 3, etc.

So, would this motherboard be good enough for all of that? The processor that I am thinking about to get is a Intel Core 2 Duo E4500, or the Intel Core 2 Duo E4600

Thanks for the feedback!

Just because it's cheap doesn't mean that it's "cheap", it just lacks some features that the higher end boards do. It's like 3 series bmw compared to a 7 series, both have excellent build quality it's just that the 7 series has more to offer.

It's good, I'm glad the egg dropped the price back down to $100 after it was $130

Get it.

Back