• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5W DH Deluxe Bad 3DMark06 Scores

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ktoliver

Registered
:bang headHey folks, I'm not an avid overclocker, but I have a rig that seems to be scoring pretty lousy on 3DMark06. I've updated all my drivers and Bios and still don't score above 5700. Any suggestions on what might be the problem?

My system specs:
MB P5WDHDeluxe
CPU Intel Core2Duo6600 Conroe 2.4 OC'd to 3.117
RAM Crucial Ballistix (2)1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
WD Raptor 150GB 10,000 RPM 16MB Cache Serial ATA150 on SATA1 (boot)
Seagate 200GB PATA (storage) on PRI IDE
SONY 2MB Cache IDE DVD Burner on PRI EIDE
EVGA GeForce 7950GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express

I'm wondering if the Seagate PATA on PRI IDE or the Sony DVD burner on the JMicron PRI EIDE is bogging the system somehow. Also the POST data shows the RAM as PC2 3200. I run a dual boot on the SATA Raptor with my games and operating system on one partition and my general apps and operating system on the other. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Actually that score sounds about right for your hardware. Are you overclocking your video card any? If not that'll help and if you aren't on stock cooling you should be able to push your cpu some more as well. That ram will overclock like a champ too so give that a shot. At what speed is your ram set in BIOS?

Are you referring to the FSB? That would be 1385; if not, where would I find this info? I did not see it in the BIOS settings.

Also, I just ran 3DMark on my apps partition with all background programs running and beat my gaming partition by 30 points! Something seems weird.

And no, I haven't oC'd the video card. Is coolbits still the app to use for that?

I recommend rivatuner for gpu overclocking. Link to RivaTuner.

On the P5W DH Deluxe right under where you set the fsb, where it says "CPU Frequency," (yours should say about 346ish) it's right under that. It'll say "DRAM Frequency" and if you press enter you will get the available options to choose from. Set it between 800mhz and 900mhz just for starters. You can take it way up later on. Also set PCI-E to 101 and PCI Clock Sync to 33.33mhz. Can you post a cpuz screenshot with cpu and the ram page both showing?

That's not a bad score. I've been working on a p5w dh deluxe for the past week. It's got an e6300 oc'd to 3.0 ghz and an x1900gt and the best score I could get was 4995.

Are you referring to the FSB? That would be 1385; if not, where would I find this info? I did not see it in the BIOS settings.

Also, I just ran 3DMark on my apps partition with all background programs running and beat my gaming partition by 30 points! Something seems weird.

And no, I haven't oC'd the video card. Is coolbits still the app to use for that?

It shouldn't matter on what partition you run 3dmark from and 30 points is also nothing you could compare to, as 3dmark06 usualy averages +/- 50points.

And i must say you got a good score, so it isn't anything wrong! You can't compare your score against all those 8800 cards out there:)

6682p is what i get with my 8600GT OC'ed, otherwise i get about 6k, and this card has about the same peformance as the 7950GT.

Thanks all. I'll get that information back to you soon, Sno. Apparently an 8800 is in my future!

I did access my DRAM settings today, I had them set to Auto and was using the ASUS AiBooster software for OC'ing. I reverted everything to manual and followed Sno's suggestions. Now scoring 5722, a small increase but I'm now on the right track!

I did access my DRAM settings today, I had them set to Auto and was using the ASUS AiBooster software for OC'ing. I reverted everything to manual and followed Sno's suggestions. Now scoring 5722, a small increase but I'm now on the right track!

Read my post!

3dmark06 always goes +50poinst or -50points, try to do a new benchmark with same settings again after the first one and you'll see that it will always be a difference and almost never the same score as before.

Back