• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's new out there (waterblocks)?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Craptacualr

Hey guys, as I mentioned in a reply to another post, I'm getting fully fed-up with my old G3 waterblock. The stupid thing needs cleaning all the Fing time and I'm sick of the work that involves. Lookin to see what's changed out there in waterblock technology in the last few years. Are these old G-series still the kings of the ring? Even if so, whose the runner-up so I can jump on that bandwagon instead? Or should I just not bother and go back to my Maze 4?

i believe its a quite old block made by cathar

the d-tek fuzion is probably the best mass produced cpu block around for the moment, but if you can try to track down a G7 block supposed to be the ultimate block, unless of course you can get the drawings for the G8 and know someone working with air plane grade machining tools

Last edited:
The apogee is nice... I know d-tek makes better stuff I think...

Really, that fuzion thing works? Huh, looks a little gimmicky to me.

Yeah, G3 is one of Cathar's blocks. I'm pretty sure he stopped making them a few years back? I've no reason to try a G7 or G8, the whole microjet concept is what I'm tryin to get away from. These things are such a PITA to clean, trust me. Performance is rediculous, but if it means I don't have to rip apart my rig every 2-3 months, I'm all for a different block that gets me say a hundred mhz less OC

Cool, any idea how asinine the pressure drop is on those things?

Edit: Answered my own questoin. Looks like the pressure drop is way less than my block (similar to the swiftech storm which was designed after the G3). Seems to perform better too. Sweet, best of both worlds :D

Back