• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5K - unpopular?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aoch88

Asus has always made good motherboards but it seems that most people go for Gigabyte and Abit lately. Any ideas or drawbacks on the Asus P5K? It has built in ICH9R (RAID) which is what I want and it is also cheaper than the DS3R.

Any users with P5K care to share their overclocking and RAID experiences?

I'm currently looking at the P5K Pro, which is also kind of cheap, so I'd love to hear people opinion on that subject too!

I agree that many choose gigabyte and abit over asus. I would love to hear a reason for that too!

I have never had a bad experience with ASUS, so I always pick ASUS. I suppose price has a lot to do with it. The others are priced about $10-$20 lower. I currently have the p5K and apart from one small niggle during multiple continuous reboots, everything is fine. Kick *** board for the price. :thup:

I will always pick asus over the others. My P5K Deluxe is one of the best mobos I have ever owned. Right there with the P5B Deluxe with vdroop mod.:)

Ah, finally some p5k "lovers". lol. But yes, i just realised asus is more expensive compared to abit or gigabyte.

I have nothing against Abit or Gigabyte. Would consider them for future builds. Loving my Asus boards though, no hiccups from them at all.

Asus P5K-E LGA P35

I am a long time Asus fan. Been using them for last 5 years exclusively for my builds. I am selling my P5N32-E sli and going to a P5K-e LGA P35 with a E 6700. I want to upgrade so I can be ready when the E8xxx's become available and tested by the public. I was a H2O cooler back some years but last 3 has been hectic in building contracting. Shame to make money and not have time to spend it. Has anyone here used the P35 chipset with a E6700? Any results to show me.

I hope to get back to some fun with computers after March of this year.

P35 + E6750 yes but not E6700. Mobo: asus p5kr. 1.47volts, 3.5GHz. ~65 degrees with TRUE (sucks, I wana lap).

You really can't go to far wrong with any P35 board, so price does come into.

Its fair to say I'm very happy with my Abit board, but I've done two builds with P5K's and I really like them.
In fact, for the build I'm working on right now (if I ever get back to it) I'm using a P5KR, and so far I like it to.

I love my P5K Premium Black Pearl, it's a excellent board for OCing, handles quads at high FSB, and Intel RAID is very reliable and flexible. I had Gigabyte boards and had to RMA one, and it was not my fault the board went bad... I highly Recommend the P5K series. Of course the PRemium has all the features, but I don't even use the wireless/

Back