• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Too much pressure?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SHStormont

Registered
I had my watercooling setup running fine; Eheim 1048, D-Tek Fuzion, Swiftech MCR220, and a 5 1/4" bayres.

I just added an EH 680i northbridge block and now all of the sudden, both the in and out and the extra plug on the back of the bayres are leaking. I didn't remove any of that tubing when I added the northbridge block. The drips are coming out from the fitting threading. Take them out and add more thread tape?

Yeah, remove those.

I am asuming this is one of those acrylic bay res's? If so that's a very common problem with them. Sometimes all it takes is th slightest little turn og the hose barb and you will get a leak. My suggeston would be to Ditch the Bay res. And go with a Tline, or en res from EK or a Swiftech Microes.

Yeah, remove those.

I am asuming this is one of those acrylic bay res's? If so that's a very common problem with them. Sometimes all it takes is th slightest little turn og the hose barb and you will get a leak. My suggeston would be to Ditch the Bay res. And go with a Tline, or en res from EK or a Swiftech Microes.

Not acrylic; it's one of the HDPE molded ones. I'm kind of a fan of them given the amount of extra water that can be stored in terms of dissipating heat. I've already spent enough $$ on this rebuild, so I'm going to try to add some more tape and stop the leaks for the time being.

Ahh, yeah add more teflon tape, oh and make sure yo uput it on right, wrap with the threads not against them.

Main thin git just to mak esure yo uhave the barbs screwed in really well, and make sure you rtubing it's twisting them loose.

Ahh, yeah add more teflon tape, oh and make sure yo uput it on right, wrap with the threads not against them.

Main thin git just to mak esure yo uhave the barbs screwed in really well, and make sure you rtubing it's twisting them loose.

The first HDPE res that I had a couple of years back, I must have put too much tape on or screwed it in too far since the res cracked right around the threading. The directions that came with this new on said to tighten the barbs so that there is still the width of a quarter of thread showing. I tightened it further than that though. They must have come loose while I was working on adding the tubing for the NB block. Odd that the blank plug though also started to leak.

Back