• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally I can praise HP's Striker Extreme

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-_{MoW}_-Assasi

Yay!

I flashed to the HP Blackbird 5.05 BIOS

For other owners of the Striker Extreme obtain the BIOS here

Extract with Winrar or similar and take the rom file and flash it

It does however replace the ROG logo with the HP logo, and remove OC Profiles function

Now I can run SLI and Crossfire on this board! :D
Anyone wanna send me 2 Radeons to test it out? :D

Thats not the only perk, I can finally boot at 333mhz FSB
Before, I was running the ASUS 1305 BIOS and could not post between the frequencies 331-385mhz FSB
Now I can run 333mhz FSB (Not that I am atm, but at least its fixed :))

Now heres something a bit random that I came across this morning when I was overclocking my new(used) Kentsfield

(Please ignore the fact that I only have 512mb Ram, they were $12 at the local store coz I havnt recieved my new rammies from TheCheat yet :bday:)

All in all, a better BIOS that what ASUS has made thats for sure

Last edited:
Nice!

Is it a SLI-board? I'm jealous anyways! :)

Damn i want something that would let me run SLI on a crossfire board, someone oughta make a driver for it! As it's already been done before.. Hmpf :)

Nice!

Is it a SLI-board? I'm jealous anyways! :)

Damn i want something that would let me run SLI on a crossfire board, someone oughta make a driver for it! As it's already been done before.. Hmpf :)

When I first looked at that computer from HP, It appears they have found a way to use both SLI and crossfire, (since there offering duel nividia or duel ati for it) How there doing this, im not sure, id love to find out there secret! Overall I find SLI a bit of a rip, but it still would be nice to have the option.

Also yes it already has been done before, with the 7 series vid cards. But of course once the patch his the public, nividia quickly make it so the patch woudent work on the 8 series.

Maybe we'll see a patch in the future, maybe we wont.

Back on topic now lmao,

Thats awsome! now...we just need that for the maximus formual :bday:

Last edited:
I would love to see someone test this. If this works with a p5n32-sli (nearly the same as striker) I would run dual x1900xt's. Is it anywhere in writing that this makes 680i work with crossfire?

When I first looked at that computer from HP, It appears they have found a way to use both SLI and crossfire, (since there offering duel nividia or duel ati for it) How there doing this, im not sure, id love to find out there secret!
it shouldn't really be a problem as the mobos don't care what is in the PCI-E slots & PCI-E is a standard after all.

Also yes it already has been dont before, with the 7 series vid cards. But of course once the patch his the public, nividia quickly make it so the patch woudent work on the 8 series.
that was the other way around - SLI on non-nVidia chipsets.
nVidia SLI drivers check for the presence of an nVidia chipset before enabling SLI - that was what was previously hacked but nVidia now strongly encrypt that section.

AMD/ATi seem to be more open to cross-platform use.

What's with Hyper Threading?

Exactly :D:D:D

Performance wise, its the same
As stated in my first post, It did allow me to use those FSB frequencies that the ASUS 1305 BIOS didnt

If you were to rewrite this for the P5N32-SLI, because the Striker and this board are quite different (in the BIOS), you would prob have to have an inside man in HP to find out how to do it :)

I havnt tried Crossfire because I dont have any Crossfire cards :)

If anyone wants to lend me some to test, be my guest :)

hey when you get into windows, open up task manager. Is there 8 graphs on the performance tab, or 4? if the HT actually worked, then there will be 8. I have a feeling it won't work though.

Exactly :D:D:D

Performance wise, its the same
As stated in my first post, It did allow me to use those FSB frequencies that the ASUS 1305 BIOS didnt

If you were to rewrite this for the P5N32-SLI, because the Striker and this board are quite different (in the BIOS), you would prob have to have an inside man in HP to find out how to do it :)

I havnt tried Crossfire because I dont have any Crossfire cards :)

If anyone wants to lend me some to test, be my guest :)

I see. Actually, the performance I was refering to was fps in cf on this board vs a similar cf-ready mobo.

4 graphs :p

Kentsfields dont have HT haha :D

I wish it worked :D

I didn't think it would support Hyper-Threading... BUT it makes one wonder why HT is in there, It has not been used since the P4 days....

I did read somewhere that HT is coming back though, but I think it was on the next socket Intel releases...

I didn't think it would support Hyper-Threading... BUT it makes one wonder why HT is in there, It has not been used since the P4 days....

I did read somewhere that HT is coming back though, but I think it was on the next socket Intel releases...

It only appeared after a failed overclock attempt and it reboot itself
Then I noticed it there :D

I promptly stabalised it and tried to boot into Windows, which it did, but there was no HyperThreading :p

Back