• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this Everything I Need?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leftheaded

How's this look? Is there anything else I need to add before I complete my order? The outside diameter of the tubing looks weird... 7/8? do they even make that? Looks like a typo & should be 3/4... not sure yet.

Everything from NCIXUS...

Swiftech MCP655 12V Pump 1/2IN Barbs
Thermochill Pa 120.3
3 x Scythe S-FLEX SFF21F 120MM 1600RPM 28.0DBA 63.7CFM
D-TEK Fuzion CPU Water Block
Water Accelerator Nozzle Kit for D-TEK Fuzion CPU Block
Swiftech MCW60-R
Swiftech MC8800 SMC RAM/MOSFET/IO Heatsinks
Clearflex 60 Tubing 1/2IN ID 7/8IN OD 10 Feet
Swiftech MCRES-MICRO
Swiftech Hydrx Water Additive
Swiftech Smartcoils 625
4 x Swiftech Adjustable Black Hose Clamps for 1/2IN Inner Diameter 3/4IN Outer Diameter Tubing (2 Pack)

the only 7/16 tubing they had was the Masterkleer Pvc Tubing 7/16IN ID 5/9IN OD 10 Feet

Last edited:
Unless you are going to be running some uber-low speed fans, you can save yourself $80+ and get a Swiftech MCR320. The Thermochill is the top performing rad out there, but the price premium is no where near worth the performance difference.

Clearflex 60 is good tubing, but it clouds up very quickly. Masterkleer is a bit stiffer but stays clear a lot longer.

I would recommend using distilled water with 5-10% of pentosin antifreeze (online or dealer VW/Audi blue or Toyota red antifreeze), a few drops of povidone iodine, and a couple of drops of fish aquarium algaecide over HydraX.

Whenever you want to drain and refill, you would have to buy more HydraX again. And you are stuck with green. I also have seen people have growth with HydraX before, so I don't trust it.

can i use software to control the fan speed of the rad fans? i was going to get the 1600rpm scythe fans, but thinking that i'd run them 50-70% most of the time... only running at 100% when needed. is that possible?

and i decided to just get both sets of tubing.. the shipping charge is as much as the tubing itself if i order it later lol

Back