• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A rant about Newegg.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crosshairs

So I ordered an open box motherboard last week....
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131073R

and man was it an open box......

It showed up packed in a box big enough to hold 5 boards, with just a little bit of packing paper...no peanuts or air bags like I usually get....

the board is out of its box and rattling around inside the larger box....

It was shipped from California to Pennsylvania.....not an easy trip for this package Im sure

I sure hope it works......but since I cant test it for another 2 weeks, I'm kinda scared about what might happen if its bad....

'Open box' is expected to be a bit of a gamble, but that sounds unacceptable! I'd understand if, say, the I/O shield was missing or bent up, but to have it packaged that carelessly? Whoever the individual was that packaged that should have done their job better.

Risk vs reward. Whlie I agree that the packaging should have been better you took the risk for a reduced price on an open box item. The open box return policy last I knew was a 100% refund within 15 days. It sounds like you'll be excrecising that option, unless the board works fine and you're happy with it, and be out the shipping cost.

I understand why you're upset over the packing, what I'd suggest rather than just ranting here or to Newegg is to provide them with a strongly worded but friendly suggestion on open box packaging methods. The best way to get change or improvement is to ask for it.

Yeah, If the board works, Ill be happy.....

I know I saved a bit by buying open box, I just didn't expect 2nd hand packaging to go with it...:)

Open box is worth it most of the time, I don't really need any accessories so as long as the hardware works how it should I'm happy. That sucks about the packaging though, sounds like someone was careless with your equipment.

i currently work in a shipping depot, packaging boxes. Luckily we work with tractor parts, which aren't breakable, because you should see how some people pack things.
Don't blame a company for a crappy employee, blame them if they wont make mistakes right :thup:

Don't blame a company for a crappy employee, blame them if they wont make mistakes right :thup:

Yep. Personally, I would call Newegg, and explain the situation and see if they will extend the time for a few more days until you can test it due to the packaging being so bad.

If they won't, I would ship it back.

Back