• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question on ATX PS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

davidnjina

Registered
I asked about how to turn on PS without MB in my original post and thank you for those who answered my question. I have more questions on how to set this up safely.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=540506

As you can see in the post above, I have a separate case for radiators and a pump and I need a way to turn on the fan. There is a ATX PS in that case.

I sucessfully turned on fans by shorting a green wire to any black ground wires on ATX 24-pin connector. However, I have to keep the wire in contact at all time.

Now, I am trying to figure out an easy way to turn on the PS.

My radiator case is an old Lian-Li case and it has a power switch. Can I some how use this?

I am thinking two wires from the switch be connected to green and black wires to turn on PS. I am not sure how power switches work on Lian Li case, but aren't they just on/off (connected/disconnected) switch?

Anyone with better solution? I want to avoid accidentally turning off the fans.

Thanks.

You can use the switch on the back of the PSU.

The power button on the front of the case is not a open or close circuit switch.

its always open unless you press the button, when you let go of the button the switch returns to an open position.

This is fine for the motherboard jumper trigger. But will not work for the pin 14/15 jump. You can pick up a regular old toggle switch from radio shack and wire up your self a curcuit to pins 14/15. When the switch is on... the circuit is closed and the PSU runs.

There are also some case mod sites that sell aviator style switches and the like if you want to bling it up.

If you do not feel comfortable adding another hole to the case... I took a 3.5" blank on one of my cases put a hole in that and glued a switch to it for my cathodes. You could do the same thing, then when you want to get rid of it, its just a matter of replacing the blank.

Back