• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Installing waterblock onto mobo.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spbeyond

Registered
Hey, I posted about this earlier. I just wanted to put a picture up so you guys know what Im talking about. i am just wondering how tight to fasten this to the motherboard. Also are those the correct washers? They also included plasitic washers in the same bag and it dosn't clarify. So i used the red ones. Thanks

IMG_2367.jpg

And here is the back.

IMG_2368.jpg

#1 issue here. Make 1000% (Extra 0 is not a typo) sure that the metal backplate is not shorting anything out on the back of the motherboard.

#2 issue: Finger tight. Bolts up top are primarily just for holding the backplate in place.

Okay, yeah the backplate has a really thick insulator on it. It should be good but I will check it out. And thenks, I will finger tighten them. Thats kinda what I thought, if you look at the picture traces go right under it. Or so it would seem. Thanks

Back