• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Updating Abit IP35 Bios w/o Floppy Disk?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PunkRawk911

So, I just built a new rig and I'm experiencing the "double boot" issue that is apparently common to the Abit IP35 boards. I've heard that updating the BIOS to the newest version can fix this, but according to the instructions on ABIT's website I need a floppy disk drive to update the bios. Is there any way to make a bootable flash drive or bootable CD to update the BIOS?

I just updated my IP35-E last night to the BIOS 14.005b (a beta between BIOS 14 and BIOS 15). It did fix the double-booting error mostly, unless you reset the CMOS (which involves unplugging the power cable). So far its allowed me to get my lapped E6300 up to 3GHz at stock voltage with a crappy cooler.

I just updated my IP35-E last night to the BIOS 14.005b (a beta between BIOS 14 and BIOS 15). It did fix the double-booting error mostly, unless you reset the CMOS (which involves unplugging the power cable). So far its allowed me to get my lapped E6300 up to 3GHz at stock voltage with a crappy cooler.

Did you do the update using a floppy drive?

You can do it via the software in Windows. I've always used floppy but tried the Windows based and it works.

you can also update the bios with the bin or rom file burned to the cd. then use the alt-f2 function after the board counts ram. might take a few tries to get it to work though.

Back