• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first WC build completed!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

c0dec

Spec:

Asus Maximus Extreme
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0
2GB CorsairTwinX XMS3, DDR3 PC3-8500 CAS 7-7-7-20
Silverstone TJ07B-W
800w Tagan TG-800-U33 2ForceII
2 x 500GB Seagate ST3500320AS
LG DVD-RW SATA Drive
512MB MSI 8800GTS OC Mem 1944MHz GPU 730MHz
Sunbeam Rheobus Black with Lian Li aluminum bezel
Ac Ryan 92mm UV fans
Coolermaster 120mm green LED fans
3 x Yate Loon D12SM
Black SATA cables
Scythe KAMA-BAY Black System Cooler

ThermoChill PA120.3
D-TEK FuZion + Nozzle Pack
EK-FC88GT 8800GT/GTS G92
Masterkleer 7/16" ID 5/8" OD PVC Tubing
Swiftech MCP655-B
XSPC Bay Reservoir (Clear)

Probably missed some bits

GPU Block on

GPU.jpg

Mobo fitted in tray

mobo.jpg

1st fitting

1stfit.jpg

Pump moved

pumpmoved.jpg

Water in
waterin.jpg

Water in without flash

waterin1.jpg

Done!

done1.jpg

Done + side panel

done.jpg

Back at my desk finished and loading Vista

done2.jpg

Hoping to add some UV LED's to the back of my res to shine that through at the front.

Did my best keeping all the cables tidy, my biggest mistake was not buying a modular power supply!

Last edited:
Cheers guys :)

As far as the GPU block goes, was my first time doing one and had no problems. Just took it slowly.

The only thing I see is that you can make your bleeding a lot easier if you were to reroute things a bit.

I would put that res up in the highest bay. Then I would run res>pump>rad>gpu>cpu>res, or you could also go res>rad(lowest barb)>pump>gpu>cpu>res.

I think you could cut out some tubing and make it a bit simpler.

Otherwise, you did a great job for your first setup. It sure looks better than the Frankenloop that was my first one.

Beautiful build!:cool:

What are the temps looking like with that setup?

I lapped my CPU last night and im currently sitting at 3.6Ghz @ 1.35v with 4 x 100% load @ 38,38,44,45 or there abouts.

Hoping to push it upto 3.8Ghz this evening, will have to see how it goes though.

Nicely done.

Hows that block treating you on the GPU?

Not played with GPU clocking yet, gunna get the CPU nice and stable and move onto this later in the month :) As far as the quality and ease of install on the block its been great!

The only thing I see is that you can make your bleeding a lot easier if you were to reroute things a bit.

I would put that res up in the highest bay. Then I would run res>pump>rad>gpu>cpu>res, or you could also go res>rad(lowest barb)>pump>gpu>cpu>res.

I think you could cut out some tubing and make it a bit simpler.

I do see what you mean, it would cut out abit of tubing mess, I "think" I decided against this because I would rather the colder water from the res to go to the CPU block before visiting the GPU, even though going to the GPU first would make for a neater install.

I'd also look at revisiting your plumbing. IMO redoing the plumbing is half the fun of water cooling.

What part of it? I only just did it :bang head

Wel It looks liek you could do some rearangement of the the compontns a bit, and the plumbing order to clean it up a bit, and maybe shorten the over all plumbing length.

It's hard to say for sure just loook at the pictures but here is what I would try.

I would try flipping the radiator so that the barbs are more centere dunder th emothe rboard/video card. I would raise the bay res up higher. At least even with the top of the CPU block. I would stick the pump rrigt in front of the radiaotrs barbs, so that the bottom barb feeds directly to the pumps intake.

I would plumb it

pump -> cpu -> gpu -> res -> rad

That shoudl help bleed the system out faster, and should make for some better routing of the tubing. Possibly shorting the whoel thing up a bit.

I would try flipping the radiator so that the barbs are more centere dunder th emothe rboard/video card. I would raise the bay res up higher. At least even with the top of the CPU block. I would stick the pump rrigt in front of the radiaotrs barbs, so that the bottom barb feeds directly to the pumps intake.

Good idea but you wouldnt fit the rad the other way round due to the PSU being down there with it :(

Ill have a look at moving it around in a few months time though.

Yeah don't need to do it right now. What you will find, is you'll do a build, you'll leave it that way for a little while, and then you'll start getting ideas. Maybe ideas on how you could rearange it so it's cleaner, or might look cooler. Hell sometimes you think, if I cut out this part of my case, welded that...

This hobby truly is VERY addictive. My loops RARELY stay as they look for longer than a few months.

Awesome loop. I'm thinking about a similar setup when I get some (TJ07,120.3,Fuzion), and your setup gave me some ideas. As far as tidying up the wires, I've seen some TJ07 setups where the guys drill 1" holes on the mobo tray, line them with grommets and run most/all the wires under the mobo and behind the tray. Might be something worth looking into doing later down the road.

Like everyone else has said, you will not stop with a WC setup, you'll constantly be looking for ways to improve it, plus hanging around forums like this, shortage of WC setup ideas does not exist. I think over the 2 years I had my first loop, i've re-arranged it at least half a dozen times.

~cheers

Back