• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4P800SE won't post (thread attached)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
only thing i can say is pull the board out of the case put it on a box cardboard pull the battery put clear cmos jumper on 2/3 leave over nite then try again with one stick of know good ram videl card and cpu hope that helps
Rich

Thanks Rich. I read your thread concerning the standoff's on the MB tray and since I have a Lian-Li case, sliding out the tray and checking was pretty easy. Wish it was my problem. I'm thinking I bought a bad MB. I wish I could get an error message from the speaker but nothing, no beeps, voice, nothing. When I plug in a powercord to the PSU, my green light on the MB turns on and when I press the power button on the tower everything powers up, the processor fan, casefans and vid card fan but no boot, no post, no vga, nothin.

I need to know what board is best for the P4 prescott 2.8 that I already have on hand?

Anyone?

Chaiyz

try pluging a specker in for you sound card sometimes that works newegg may have some 478 boars but nothing like your p4p800 but it will work for the chip if they still have them
Rich

I had one of these boards die randomly on me a year or two ago. I never really figured out what happened to it. Good luck! Maybe the solution you find might help me. I still have that old thing.

Well, now I'm looking for a new MB and I can find quite a few P4p800's and P4C800's on ebay but I'm not sure which one would be best for my situation.

I'm somewhat new to overclocking, well not really new but I've been out of the loop for about 5 years. It's all new but then again, it's all the same somewhat. Anyway, I just want a versatile machine that is super quick. My current rig is a Compaq with a sempron 3000+ an a couple of gig's of ram.
The goal of this project was to get back into OC'ing on the cheap. I didn't want to jump into a Q6600 or start leaning again with the Eseries either.

I'm hoping that I can find a MB that will compliment my processor and will make OC'ing a good learning experience.

So, even though many good boards have long since stopped production, I think ebay and some other resellers may be able to provide something I can work, with.

What MB would you want for my setup?

Chaiyz

Just want a second computer. I already have a 2.8 prescott processor and was hoping with the right motherboard and ram that I could clock it to 3.4 or so and have a decent gaming rig.

I still don't have it up and running yet. Still need a better PS but I have a Corsair on the way and I still need to figure out if my P4p800SE is repairable. Just not a massive priority. I'm considering jumping right into a Q6600 build now.

Thanks for looking.

Chaiyz

Back