• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Motherboard for Q9450 and 2GBx4 DDR2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gregz

Hi, I'm trying to build a single GPU system around the Q9450 and this memory:

G.SKILL 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231145

I have two sets totalling 8GB. I may save the 2nd pair of sticks and only install 2x2GB for now (better OC). I'd like to build something fast and stable for games like Crysis (4-cores at 100% usage).

Most people are suggesting the following boards:

1) Asus P5K Premium
2) Abit IP35-Pro
3) EVGA 780i
4) DFI Blood Iron P35

Which of those is the best choice? Is there a board that I'm overlooking?

That's prolly the best of them, but give the Asus Maximus a look...good for quads.

BTW, how does that display look on your 37" LCD? Compare it to a reg. Computer monitor:drool:

That's prolly the best of them, but give the Asus Maximus a look...good for quads.

Will do thanks.

BTW, how does that display look on your 37" LCD? Compare it to a reg. Computer monitor

It's...fantastic. I can't tell you how happy I am with this monitor. Windows is very spacious, plenty of desktop room. BIOS, old DOS games, 8-bit NES emulators...all the way up to the latest high rez games...this monitor handles it all fine. It's also great for watching DVDs etc, and standard HDTV 16:9 picture ratio is great future-proofing for Cable, HTPC etc. The only trouble has been finding hardware (a graphics card) that can keep up with the 1920X1080 resolution, but luckily high resolution monitors are becoming standard.

Last edited:
Back