• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P35 boards and PCIe lanes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yuriman

On my old NF4, there were jumpers which allowed you to assign 16x / 4x or 8x/8x PCIe lanes to the two 16x slots. I was wondering if P35 chipset boards could do the same? Particularly, the gigabyte board in my signature. I'm going to be running crossfire, and I hear that below 8x, you see some performance loss.

I really dont think it is possible. If you go crossfire one card will be at 16x and the other will be at 4x due to the lane constraints on p35.

On my DFI p35 board there are no jumpers, but there is a selection in bios to determine the x of the other two PCI-E slots (total of 3).

I remember Asus working on a board that does 8x/8x, it was called the Crosslnyx, and on the RoG line. I haven't heard anything about it in a while though.

The first responder was correct; your board will flip to 16x / 4x without any other options.

As I said, my board allows a choice in bios...it is a p35 board, but I have 3 PCIx16 slots. I can configure as 16,4,1 or 16,1,1 if I remember correctly. Might be of interest since the question was also about the p35 in general.

As I said, my board allows a choice in bios...it is a p35 board, but I have 3 PCIx16 slots. I can configure as 16,4,1 or 16,1,1 if I remember correctly. Might be of interest since the question was also about the p35 in general.

Well, since he also asked specifically about the GB board in his signature, I believe he already had his answer. :)

Back